You are here

Question regarding the way custody agreement as written

Sarahsteal's picture

Resolved in Family CourtDH attorney is in Europe for two weeks and unreachable(phone/email) and works alone so the whole office is shut down. Over last summer the whole Holiday visitation with SS got Redone in Family Court. One thing that is not clear is New Year’s Eve/day. The orders states as follows” On even years Father shall have parenting time with child from 10 am New Year’s Eve till the following day at 1pm. “ 

My question is Based on how this is written would we get SS this year 2019/2020 or next year 2020/2012? Just looking for Popular opinion on how you guys would read this. 

tog redux's picture

Oh, that is stupid wording, isn't it. I'd say BM gets him this year (since New Year's Eve falls in an odd year). 

Willow2010's picture

I'd say BM gets him this year (since New Year's Eve falls in an odd year). 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yep

Rags's picture

DH gets him next year.  2019 is an odd year.  This year's Dec 31st is the one that dictates this years schedule.  

Next year being 2020 makes next years NY celebration holiday DH's.

We had the even and odd year wording in the visitation elements of the CO we lived under for 16+ years.  Even years SpermLand visitation was from the day school was out until Dec 24th. Odd years SpermLand Visitation was from Dec 26 until the day before schools started in Jan.

twoviewpoints's picture

Yeah. The 2019 that Dec 31st parenting time starts this year is an odd year.... so this year belongs to BM