You are here

Picture of the Grown Stepkids: relocated

Toni49's picture

Today, well actually last evening I told my hubby that I planned to take down the pictures of his grown kids (wedding photos: 13 years ago and 7 years ago) and the grandkids' photos (the "newest" photos are now four years old) and relocating them to the hallway. The pictures his daughter last gave us of the grandkids are from 8 years ago. He said he didn't really care, they were all old pictures. I'd been planning for the past week or so on getting all these old photos relocated to somewhere else in the house where they are plainly visible but not in my face all the time like in the living room where we sit every evening.

So this morning, I moved all the pics into the hallway, keeping the two newest right at the head of the hallway next to the kitchen where he would see them frequently. The old wedding photos and ancient school photos went further down the hall. I moved my parents' photos and several other to my computer room, out of fairness to the situation. THEN I put up two collages, one of our relationship from 1998 to present, all pictures of me and him, together and separately, with our best wedding photo somehow landing right in the middle of the collage. Thank you, Microsoft! The other collage is a compilation of all the cats and dogs we've had together and that turned out wonderfully as well. On either side, I put an 8-space multi-frame with pictures of all the places we've been together over the past 15 years.

It looks incredible, and now as I walk into the living room, I'm greeted with our life in panorama instead of old photos of the stepkids who hate me. Ahhhhh, it's nice and I feel much better. Dirol

Toni49's picture

The key word there, Skeeter, is "recent." We had eight year old pics of the SD's kids and the SS's kids pics are going on three years old. I know for a fact the kids have their pics taken every single year sometimes twice a year at the school, so there's no excuse for not giving their father recent pictures. And staring at 13- and 7-year old wedding photos of kids who clearly hate me stopped being okay.

zerostepdrama's picture

I too have been removing pics of the skids and replacing them with other pics. They were old school pictures. I moved them out of my main viewing area and into places I dont view as often.

I was so sick and tired of staring at their smirks!

I'm not even sure if DH noticed.

hismineandours's picture

You are far nicer than me. I removed all photographic evidence of my ss15 some years ago. I started slowly by filling his spots with newer photos of my own kids, and then simply removed his all together as of maybe 2 years ago. I never said anything to dh-I simply did it. He never said anything to me.

Of course my dh has never hung up a family photo of anyone in our house-I'm the one that's done all of it. I put the ones of ss up over the years, I guess I can make the decision to take them down.

Toni49's picture

Don't give me too much credit, hismine... . Honestly, it was all I could do not to just toss them ALL into the woodstove; I actually did throw away the 8 yr old school photos of the SD's kids. Seeing the long-ago dates on the old school photos of the grandkids made me angry. If the SKids want to hurt me, they could have found a better way than denying their father current pictures of his grandkids, couldn't they? 'm planning on never mentioning current pictures to anyone, including the original daughter in law (replaced by a whore d-i-l). I don't think we should have to beg for them, so I'm all done caring. If the pics go another year without being replaced with new ones, I'll just take them down permanently.