You are here

Overprotective DH....but not really??

Thisisnotus's picture

My DH and BM raised skids so sheltered and way over protective....literally at 12 SD just learned to ride a bike b/c everyone was always afraid she'd get hurt. My DH is all paranoid about skids and anything they do......literally like treated these kids like they were made of glass since birth....

So listen to this.....DH got all pissy and nasty and rude at me yesterday and here is why. SD16 stops by the house to grab some stuff yesterday morning.....SD16 takes our 20 month old upstairs with her to her room.....SD16 is wearing heels....so the next thing I know here comes SD with 2 huge heaving backpacks....one in each hand....wearing her heels and carrying my toddler DOWN the stairs.....I looked up and literally gasped and whispered OMG to myself......DH heard me and was like....what is it now??? He is watching the entire time like it's fine.....I said....ummmm SD is walking down the stairs with  heels, 2 heavy bags and our toddler in her arms...WTF....he just rolled his eyes...gave me a dirty look and acted like a huge A-hole....because how dare I say something.

This is the same guy that if I bump the toddlers arm or head on something while putting her in the car....he's freaking out.

It's never going to work.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

susanm's picture

^THIS.  He is going to be p*ssed off anyway.  Your baby may as well be safe while he is p*ssed off.

As far as the difference between you accidentally bumping an arm getting the child into the car and him freaking out and SD teetering down a flight of stairs with the child in her arms, when someone is bullet-proof then they are bullet-proof.  You seem to have a pretty good grasp of the hierarchy in the household.  The only question is what you plan to do about it.

Monkeysee's picture

Absolutely this. I’d be up those stairs & grabbing the toddler from her arms faster than DH could move a single eyeball. Eff anyone who puts my kid in harms way, and anyone who rolls their eyes at that can get stuffed as well. 

notarelative's picture

DH needs to understand that with or without heels, no one, not even him, should be carrying a toddler and two heavy bags up or down stairs. It is not safe. 

The protection of a toddler takes precedence over the feelings of others.