You are here

over whelmed and disempowered HD giving BM almost double the child support initially agreed by court and she disrespects me

dixy chick's picture

Hi I am new here and did a search of the web to find others in similar position that can help me clarify my position.
A bit about me, I came to live in the USA a year ago, we married in April. We had been dating long distance, Im from overseas after meeting and falling madly inlove.
Our first year was one of meeting up in wonderful locations, while he was working near my country and having the time of our life, of him coming to visit me and everything was great. The connection was passionate romantic completely everything i have ever wanted in a man.
At home I owned a big farm and had horses and succesful business...but not a lot of savings. but i sold everything appart from my house/farm which is still rented to tenants.
We discussed it decided it was better for me to come to USA as his opportunities for work in my country wouldnt be as good and also since my daughter is grown, i offered that it was important that he be near his kids as they grow....So i now live in a major city and in the suburbs and i hate it.
I was looking forward to meeting his kids and I am actually a child professional in my work so im usually pretty good with them, so i felt confident.
My how a year later I am thinking i made the biggest mistake of my life, I should have stayed put and let him come to me.
The issue's started pretty soon when i realised how much power she has over him and i have often thought if she gave the word he would drop me like a hot scone and get her back. He has even shouted at me he wants his family back!
As it turned out i didnt take to the kids although i tried there almost mute, they have no communication skills at all and do not say hello, goodbye or cannot look anyone in the eye and the whole lot of them still wet the bed they are Girls twins 13 and 6. Its a whole other issue about the kids and the way he is with them. But my biggest thing i cannot get my head around is although a great deal of the time this year my husband has been out of work and has got himself into so much debtr around $150,000 all by throwing money at the kids, private schools expensive everything.
Right now he is out of the country working for another 3 months and Im here alone with no family, havent made many friends.
He decided to double the child support for the BM, while he was away, because he is earning a little extra. However we have so many bills and i really want to focus and pay off his debts im a business woman by nature and feel it is no time to throwing money at her. So i get a call from the bank saying the bank is over drawn and so put my own money into his the account to cover it, only to find that it was her over inflated child support payment that over drew our joint account and so in effect I had to foot her bill...and i was furious...
Because she refuses to give her financials so that we can get an updated child support calculation as HD work situation is very different from when this current one was drawn up. Id had enough...spoke to HD he was like oh whatever youll be paid back next week. But something in me cracked I text her to say has she heard of a government child support calender and would be possible to get her financials so we can upload both sets and come to an agreement based on the last two years of both their incomes...well she got straight down and dirty, to quote this is how she replied, "me and the children and our well being is none of your business. I will continue to deal with the father, see your way out of it LMAO'. then proceeded to add, your just after a green card money hungry hoar, he dont love you and im so much better person than you. This went back and forth all night and although i stayed on with the just getting the financials, she was a raving looney and was texting HD as well. He got furious at me saying i told you not to contact her and so forth and it got really really ugly... I wouldnt answer my phone to him and when the next day came i still would nt talk to him and made some stupid comment about wishing i was dead and to honest i think i was slightly suicidal but took no measures to do anything stupid. But anyway he was beside himself being overseas and called 911...he was paniking and told her he was worried could she help him call 911.. her response was to text me and said, " do everyone a favour and swallow some real pills bitch". So i had to endure the humilation of being carted of to hospital.
Now my issue is he will not have any of it being her fault because I was the one to contact her against his wishes. Now I feel i achieved nothing she is still getting the extra he isnt going to forse her financials and I just dont know what to do.
I just love this man so dearly and the thought of no divourse and going back home with my tail between my legs is heart breaking. We are ok again, but he will not allow me to raise the subject and i just want him to stand up to her for the aweful things she said. I feel Im going insane! or at least stretch to my limits of stress, dont not what to do and Im broke.
Id really appreciate your thoughts and how it all looks from the outside.
Thank you in advance.

dixy chick's picture

the thing that makes leaving so difficult, is my property is leased for another 12 months and I bought my two dogs with me and need to wait 6 months for my countries quarantine laws to allow them back.

I have so little money and he is demanding, relying and counting on me to recreate the business that i had in my own country and closed for him, whilst maintaing even insists the BM does not work, even though all the kids are at school now.
I feel my only option is to try and make money with my business and see how things pan out.
But I know what you are saying and I thank you very much for taking the time to write back I appreciate it.

dixy chick's picture

yes it was the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to me.

ChiefGrownup's picture

Tail between your legs is better than ass in bankruptcy court. I would get my affairs in order to minimize any claim he has on my estate then I'd cut bait on this sham marriage.

I'm sorry, I know you have strong feelings for this man and are totally invested in the marriage but the reality is he is not. He has absolutely chosen bm over you in what are to me unforgivable ways. He is not capable of being anybody's husband/partner but hers.

You can always file for legal separation if you don't want to divorce. This will protect you from any further debt he incurs. It may buy you some time to see if he can straighten up his act and show he really wants you.

Do not accept this man raiding your assets to throw them at bm. Do not accept this man berating you in order to defend BM. Don't talk to bm again yourself, but your mistake was so minor compared to what they are doing. Extract yourself from this swamp. If you don't, this woman and her mute dysfunctional children will be an anchor around your ankle for the rest of your life while your marriage saps all your strength and joy. Your spouse has to be your teammate, not your enemy.

stepinafrica's picture

*Hugs*

This man's priority will always be his ex and her kids. Don't even bother getting arguments with him. Just tell him you are sorry you made a mistake and go back home. Life is too short to waste it like t his.

You can even get packed up and leave while he is gone.

dixy chick's picture

Thank you so much every body for your comments, they break my heart and really do show me Im not going crazy. Im so embarrased and ashamed of the way the whole thing has transpired. Im too old for this crap, I thought I was smart.

ChiefGrownup's picture

You took a chance, you were sincere, you gave it all you had -- there is nothing to be ashamed of. "Who never climbed, never fell." In other words, if you want to never get hurt, don't ever try anything. You won't get hurt but you won't get anywhere either. You tried. There is dignity in trying.

dixy chick's picture

nope he is as aggressive as hell about the whole things refuses to talk just says ill give what ever I want to my kids its not your money.
and how di you expect her to act, its your fault i told you not to call her.

stepinafrica's picture

Just remember those are THEIR issues. Don't make them your problems. Walk away. Going by your description of this man, staying with him will give you a 100% chance of being miserable. Let him find a new victim.

dixy chick's picture

thanks for your reply, i do see the point, but the thing I'm really pissed off at is the part about him over reacting and wanting to call 911 coz he thought i was going to kill myself when i told him i was not. was that he sought her help and her response was to advice me to commit suicide! surely that is evil and absolutely not acceptable, when she knows very well that he is dire financial difficulty, its just that he currently has a well paying gig, which is very short term, no certain employment in the future. And i find it impossible to stand by and foolishly throw money at her to do with as she pleases. right now she is also throwing a $6000 braces bill into the mix, in my opinion he should use the extra cash to save for that.
the money i made from my stuff i used to support myself over the year, although he he has also been very supportive in that he pays all the bills and bought me a car.
i don't think he is the bad guy he just loves his kids and feels guilty over his sense kicking in and know that its a short term solution to give extra he needs to financially take care of his own future so that we can all feel safe both him me and the children.

dixy chick's picture

No i don't ..just get it yet...i have never been a step mum and i bought my daughter up alone and would not take a cent of child support..i think this woman is explosive and there is a lot more to the story. he tells me he hates her but she was diagnosed with sever mental disorders and he is frightened she may harm the kids, so he over compensates like this. She manipulates continuously bitching so wants more money. i love him a lot and i guess i need to hear him say those words.

Indigo's picture

Take a breath. Put the idea of a new business on the back-burner for a bit. The other posters covered much of what I wanted to say when I read your post. I walked away thinking that if your DH is out of town, perhaps this might be a good time to breath and reconnect with yourself.

Perhaps you can volunteer at a local horse rescue or with your background, perhaps, a therapeutic horseback riding center. If you've had horses in your life, you know how "equine-assisted-therapy" heals. Perhaps there is someone you can speak with --- a minister/preacher or a therapist/counselor. Or ?

I'm sorry that you're feeling alone right now. I agree with "Chief" that you took a great leap of faith pursuing love & a future. Kudos. Most of us would be too terrified to even try it. Guess what? Every single one of us has done some spectacularly stupid stuff in our lives. Skip the shame/embarrassment, forgive yourself and learn from it.

Heck, start another blog and ask us to offer up our private stories of overstepping, poor choices, silliness, hanging my head/scared to get out of the house moments, or flat "running down the street naked" moments. Stepfamilies just offer more opportunities than traditional families for these moments.

Maybe you'll stay, maybe you'll pause, maybe you'll go home. Just cut yourself a bit of slack, okay? Welcome and {{hug}}.

Edit: I totally forgot the idea of boundaries. Boundaries are imperative.

dixy chick's picture

thank you Indigo, yes i think your right i need to really try and get myself out of this funk and re think the whole thing. almost impossible to discipline myself to make the business work anyway.

still learning's picture

Crappy situation OP, but you've gotten some great advice from above posters.

If you were my daughter I would tell you to separate your money now, come home, live with me until your renters lease is up. Board the dogs until quarantine is over and they can be flown back. Leave while he's out of the country. Sort out your feeling with him here, file for legal separation. If he really wants to work it out he will come to you. Don't go back.

z3girl's picture

I don't have any better advice than what others wrote. Just wanted to say wow, I'm sorry, your DH is awful! Don't feel embarrassed. He doesn't deserve you. If your dogs are not too old, then do the quarantine for them and head back asap. Try to live cheaply while waiting for your tenants' lease to end. Be grateful that you were smart enough not to sell your land and house! You gave it your best shot. Next time it'll be sooo much easier when you meet someone who doesn't take advantage of you like this.