You are here

OPEN HOUSE TIME!!

hbell0428's picture

DH and I have 4 kids SD14- BD12 - BS5 - BS9 - SD lives with us; Dad has become sick and is spending the week in the hospital for testing; this past week has been a struggle. The kids and I have been pulling together and getting along better then I thought. I have been running around w/ my head cut off!! Tonight we are ALL going to see him (the kids for the first time). 2morrow is SD's open house and OF COURSE her mom will not be going. SD and I have been doing well since I have taken a step back and just "let things happen." I don't want to go back to fighting w/ her; should I make it clear that SD can ask her mom (again) before I go??

BSgoinon's picture

Sounds like you have your hands full. I would say if you get the feeling that she is not asking her mom to go because YOU don't want her there, than maybe mention it one more time. But if it has been made clear that her mom is more than welcome and should go, and SD has declined to call her about it, then just let it go.

Good luck!

Lauren1438's picture

I think that you should make sere that she knows that you want her to be happy and that she is more than welcome to invite the BM.

I hope things work out good luck!