You are here

OMG

ferretmom's picture

:O Last month the Red Cross came to sd's school and anyone over 18 could donate. When sd came home and said she had donated and they would be sending info on her blood type H blew up. I couldn't understand why since he says she is an adult. Well today the letter from RC came and sd opens it and it says she has AB+. She asks him what his bloodtype is and what bm's was and he won't tell her. Every time she brings it up he gets mad. Ladies I know what the big secret is , he's B- and bm is O-. Should I ask how long he's known about this? Sd had to have a blood transfusion when she was a baby and he had to give permission for it. BM couldn't read or write english, she could barely speak it.

FallingfromGrace's picture

Are you saying that SD is not his? OMG! Whoa!

"God grant me the serenity accept the things I cannot change; the strength to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."

sarahbernheart's picture

I almost wrote the same thing, but I went to another post before I wrote..so you are not alone wondering if the SD is not his.

I know why he may not have said anything, I do not think my FH (D-16 S-12)kids are really his but I know that if FH had found out they were not his he still would want them in his life and for them to NOT know that he was not their real father.

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

melis070179's picture

Well, I know my husband is not SS father...I think of him as my husband's ex-stepson. But the kid doesn't know, I don't know when he will, and this is my worst fear. Him finding out the truth by something like this. Here's what I found...

If one parent gives an B allele and the other gives an O allele, the child's genotype will be BO, and their bloodtype (phenotype) will be B.

The "positive" or "negative" part of a person's blood type is determined by a separate gene, called the Rh factor. Each of us has two copies of the gene for the Rh factor, on chromosome pair number 1. There are two versions (alleles) of the Rh factor gene: positive and negative. A person's Rh status is determined by which allele he/she inherits from each parent. The Rh-positive gene is dominant over the Rh-negative gene. Therefore, anytime the positive allele is inherited, the phenotype will be "Rh positive". A person's Rh type is negative only if they inherit two Rh-negative genes.

So if both DH & BM are (-)bloodtypes, there's no way she could've ended up with a (+) bloodtype...so I would say that no, he is not the father. And obviously by his reaction, he knows this, right? Did you know this?

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy"

bewitched's picture

"To Thine Own Self Be True" William Shakesphere

This young woman isn't even your H's daughter, and you've spent years being treated horribly by the two of them? It's awful enough when it actually is the blood children (believe me, experience speaking here), but over a kid that's not even his???

stepmasochist's picture

then why doesn't someone tell her already? Did anyone (bioparents mainly) ever think of maybe letting her know that someday?

My BF has a daughter, 7, that's not his daughter, but he's the only father she's ever known. I doubt that BM even has a clue who her spermdad* is. But we're going to tell her one day. I'm thinking sometime as a teen - if her mom hasn't told her already. I wouldn't put it past her. She's so pissed she lost custody of her to a man that's not even her real dad!

*this can't be offensive as it is highly appropriate in this instance. Except of course for those who find the word "sperm" offensive.

TheBrightSide's picture

That can't be right. According the the chart, the child with AB cannot come from a mother with an O blood type. BM can't be O.

ferretmom's picture

Not all that sure of blood types but I do know about rh factors. I'm rh- and ex was rh+ and I had to take shots all through my pregnancies to keep my babies safe. I asked him if he was sure his ex was O and he said maybe she was A but he wasn't sure. He could remember she was rh- because the doctor was asking about his blood type and rh factor. He said that sd was in distress from the moment she was born and had to be put in neonatal icu. He'd told me that before but said it was because she was premature. I had doubts about that since she weighed almost 8lbs. He knows my youngest was 8wks early and I know what goes on with an early baby. I told him I'm sick of the lies and tell me the truth or else. Yeah sometimes I can get a little pushy. LOL He admited that he knew sd wasn't his and has known since birth. But he felt he was responsible for raising her anyway. He hasn't seen or heard from his ex in over 15yrs but she still affects our lives. Boy is my therapist going to get an earful today. Wink

melis070179's picture

whoa...so you just found this out? Boy would that piss me off. I understand him feeling like he's resposible for her, considering the BM has been MIA for most of her life...but thats really something you should share with your wife!

"Nobody will ever win the battle of the sexes. There's too much fraternizing with the enemy"

ferretmom's picture

That's what I told him but according to him it's none of my business. I let him know that all these years we've been together I've tried to be patient and be a good step parent to her because I thought she was his. But as far as I'm concerned now that's over. He better not expect me to contribute one penny for her upkeep. When she starts the I wants he can take care of it himself. If that makes me a bitch then yeah I'm a bitch and proud of it. }:)

melis070179's picture

Thats how I feel. I don't think of SS has my husabnd's child, I don't think I ever really did cause I always had my doubts before it was confirmed, but any money he spends on SS is our money, so I'm spending it too. I don't mind xmas/birthday presents...I do hate the cs he sends the wicked BM though. Drives me insane that we send her money to raise her own kid, while we struggle. But whatever. I would really be upset though if my husband knew it was not really his child & never told me. Of course he wants to continue to be "daddy", just as my husband continues to be "daddy" to this boy, but its still the kind of info you tell your WIFE!