You are here

Maybe I got through??

ferretmom's picture

Today I spent most of the morning cleaning the house and doing laundry and H helped. Then he had to go into work for a couple of hours. When he got home we started to do some yard work, we had several bad wind storms here a few days ago and a couple of trees came down. We came inside to take a little break and I told him that one of the things that pisses me off is there we are working our butts off and sd is flopped on her bed playing video games. I calmly explained that he says everyone has to contribute and work as a family yet he lets her lay around doing nothing. He's always talking about fair is fair and I said this isn't fair to me or him. That he is teaching her that someone else will always do the work when she doesn't want to and it isn't right. He agreed and made her get off her butt and go pick up fallen limbs. She did a crappy job and he says (??) he will make her do it over tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath. If it happens I'll be amazed. I'll let you all know how it goes. It just seems that for every step forward it's 3 back.

ferretmom's picture

I forgot I also asked him if he was willing to let her use his hygiene products and he was all No Way.. So I asked him if he felt like that why should I let her use mine. I mean it's not like she doesn't have her own.

sarahbernheart's picture

why is it like pulling teeth to get these guys to see what they are doing is only hurting the ones they love.
do we need to get some crayons and draw things out for them??

now where is the blood red color....

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

sarahbernheart's picture

a pair of those rose colored glasses, cuz maybe if I had a pair I would NOT be so stressed out all the time, everything would always be happy and rosy.

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

ferretmom's picture

A pitcher of margaritas works wonders for me. It's a wonder I haven't developed a drinking problem. It's gotten to the point that I have a bottle of wine or a few margaritas every weekend to get through.