You are here

I've had it!!!!!

ferretmom's picture

I asked H to speak to sd about slamming doors, she has slammed the front door so hard and so often it's coming off the hinges. He totally went off on me and started yelling that I'm a monster and I don't love sd yada yada yada. I don't support her and I'm mean to her by asking that she take responsibility for herself. One minute she's an adult the next she's just a kid then back again. I ask how am I supposed to love and support someone who has tried to have me arrested and tried to either kill me or seriously injure me?? I told him to use my time away to think about our relationship and if he wants it to work. Right now I'm thinking about not coming back. My oldest has said he is willing to bring a couple of friends and pack all my stuff while I'm gone. If something doesn't change in the next week I will take him up on his offer. I'll let you all know what happens.

sarahbernheart's picture

good luck sweetie!!

hey maybe you should start slamming doors too??

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

Chel Bell's picture

they come from the scummy bottom of the gene pool!! I'm so sorry ferret, you have put up with so much. And what is up with your DH name calling you....he says your a "monster".....tell him " ya, you got that right, and you DH, are my CREATOR!!!" "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."~ Randy Pausch

bewitched's picture

"To Thine Own Self Be True" William Shakesphere

And next time he accuses you not loving your SD, just tell him, no, I don't love her. I have cared about her, about what happens to her, just as I would care about any human being, but I don't love her. Live with it. Or Go.

I don't love SD17. On good days, when I'm myself (my friends tell me the stress of this bogus marriage has changed me, and I see it, too), I truly care about her. I think H did a lousy job raising her, and now watching him moon over her all the time makes me sick, but I still care about her. I want her to find whatever it is in life she needs to be happy, complete, besides shopping.

But, I don't love her.

Endora's picture

You could have large hairy Ninja-boy in black hoody skulking and sneaking around the house-scaring the pants off you- standing behind you-under your feet all of a sudden-and smirking as he (slowly) walks away....

Good luck Ferretmom-stay away as long as you can-as long as it takes!

Step Parenting – you might need to step back before you step in something!

ferretmom's picture

One of sd's friends tried that with me and they didn't like the results. I put the little snot on the ground. How was I supposed to know it was her friend and not a burgler?? For all I knew it could have been a rapist and I defended myself. My oldest tried to scare me once when he was about 15 and it ended up scaring him more than me. I had bought my brother an air horn to use on his boat and just happened to have it in my hand when my son attacked. You can guess what happened next. Try getting one of the sports type and carry it with you. Once he gets blasted by that he should leave you alone.

KittyKat's picture

I swear there WILL be a special place in the "afterlife" for those of us who put up with this horrid shit. These "daddies" and their "girlies" are just abnormal.

Even if you leave for a few days or a week, I'd go for it. Scare the hell out of him. After I was "yelled at" for daring to be upset that "daddy" want to watch darling daughter's favorite basketball team play while he was on vacation with his WIFE, I told him I'm filing for divorce. If a frigging NCAA basketball team is so damned important to him, they can have him. I haven't talked to him all week.

Well, today, I guess the "bipolar" phase wore off (or he knows he's a total ASS), he's bombarding me with "I'm sorry" phone calls, he wants to go out for lobster Saturday.

I told him to go to hell. Let him guess what I'm doing. I hate playing these kinds of "games", but, face it, you just can't be "nice" to these guys. It's like you're educating infants. As Dr. Phil says, "You teach people how to treat you."

If he wants to play nasty, I'll play right back. I'm sure there are SCORES of women out there who will enjoy sitting in front of the TV watching daddy's girl's bball play. Barf!

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."-Eleanor Roosevelt

sarahbernheart's picture

you have the "balls" to stand up for yourself- and not be swayed by his attempt at being humble.
I believe sometimes an eye for an eye, although I am sure some other people would say take the high road! well I have fallen off that high road and it hurts!!
hang it there girl and dont SETTLE get everything you want and deserve.

"Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without one."

JMC's picture

JamaicanMeCrazy
DISNEY LIED...THERE IS NO 'HAPPILY EVER AFTER'

"One minute she's an adult the next she's just a kid then back again" Don't you just hate it when daddy dearest uses "she's just a kid" or "she's almost 18"? What's with this line of crap? It's so B*%lS&^T! So the next time SD17 has "hungover" on her myspace mood, or is out past curfew, smoking, screwing her b/f or buying drugs, I'm going to ask DH if he considers her an adult or a child. She CAN'T be both.

And I'll go you one better - I don't love the brat, I don't even like her, but I do care about her, but obviously no one else does.

StepG's picture

WIRE HANGERS IN THIS CLOSET! lol

sam's picture

her door off so theres nothinfg to slam!!!

groovetheory's picture

for leaving. I can't believe that SD is allowed to be the way she is. She should be packin' instead of you!

frustratedinMA's picture

I would make her come back in and shut the door properly each and EVERY time she does it. That would hopefully frustrate her enough to shut it correctly!