You are here

Ok, what is the rule regarding sports participation with the Step Kids? Am I wrong?

notthebradybunch6's picture

My husband coaches the baseball team my step son is on. This is the first year he is playing and my husband is coaching and we are in the second season now, did spring now we are doing fall ball. So anyway, I signed up to be a coach so I could sit in the dug out away from the BioMom who of course was welcome to the games and practices. So she gets mad because I am in the dug out, does alot of stomping her feet and saying nasty things about me to the other parents. I stay in the dug out because I am there to help my husband and I want to watch my step kids play without having to put up with her antagonizing me. Especially since that one incident a couple years ago. now we are in the second season, and at the start I told her she could not be in the dug out without a coaches form. So today 2 weeks later she shows up with the form, but today I tell her because we just checked on the rules, that she con't be in there unless the head coach, my husband approved her as a coach, which isn't going to happen. She tried to start a an argument, I walked away and got the league rep who backed me up. So she packed up the boys and left practice. It would not be such a big deal but she wants in there just to try and provoke me, and we are in the middle of a new custody dispute. She is lying and saying the boys are afraid of me, but the interaction that happens at practice says other wise. What should I do?

notthebradybunch6's picture

Thank you, you definitely know how I feel. It's like she wants to erase me from their lives. I could see if she could actually help in the dug out, but sh knows nothing about baseball, and I am the scorekeeper for the team.

Like I said we have never prevented her from coming to the games or anything she was even invited to the post season game that my husband and I paid for. To her credit she did bring the cake but did not want me to have any. No skin off my nose on that one.