You are here

New here and my current issues.

DonnaPaskel's picture

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a few months and decided it was
time for me to vent about my current living situation. I'm the SM of a 6 year old
SD and BM to a 1 year old DS. My issues aren't really with the BM it's
My DHs mother thats making me go insane!! The new drama is about Easter
BM has SD on Easter and will not be visiting until that monday. DH's mother is
freaking out because she won't see her granddaughter on Easter. So to make up
for it she's having Easter for SD tomorrow night. I don't have a problem with that
but my son isn't invited. She also won't be visiting my son on Easter in her words.
She went over the top buying SD Easter candy/toys but bought my son a used book and
a tiny rabbit coin purse that she later put in the SD Easter basket. This isn't the first
time something like this has happened. I'm just so pissed of but DH is fine with this?!
Thanks for letting me vent and any advise is welcome.

Donna

wicked's picture

I'm not clear on whether your DH is the bio dad of your son or not. If not, then that type of rude behavior is just something you might have to get used to, like it or not. Or maybe your MIL will change when your son is older and actually knows what's going on. Was she this unfair at Christmas?

DonnaPaskel's picture

Sorry my DH is my son's bio dad. MIL was unfair at Christmas too. I understand that my son doesn't know what's going on, but I still can't help feeling like he's being cheated. SD is a spoiled brat already and doing special things solely for her get on my nerves.

alwaysanxious's picture

That is sad. there is no reason for your son to be treated any differently. They are both her grandchildren. I'm sorry.

shelandmegsmom's picture

OMG!!!! when did you marry my husband and get my mother in law? lol, this is exactly what we have been dealing with forever. When it's easter and SD comes both girls will have 2 easter baskets. last year we did not see SD on easter so guess what, our daughter didn't get anything for easter from the in laws. p'ed me off to the highest level! My husband used to not care either, I don't know if it is just a man thing or what, but he has kind of changed it lately. Our daughter doesn't care about having too much to do with her granny and papa at times (his parents) and he tells them that it's their own fault because they don't visit unless SD is around. and the previous poster is right, there is no excuse.

trulove99's picture

no excuse. MIL is a jack-ass.it has nothing to do with your son, everything to do with either you or husband (probably him). regardless, its her loss and unfortunatly your DH's loss too. dont let your baby be a tool in some sick family drama, tell em where to go!

DonnaPaskel's picture

Shelandmegsmom - Yup the inlaws don't come around until SD is here too. As soon as SD is home they show up ready to take her out to dinner and shopping without even asking DH if it's okay. It's not like they never see her either she's here all the time because if DH let's his daughter go to daycare on the BMs days inlaws have a fit, so she comes here. They buy her I'm not kidding 5 or 6 barbies and clothes she can only use at the inlaws house. For my son's 1st birthday they had to get her something too because it wasn't fair that she didn't get anything?! I really dont know how to handle this without starting a huge fight.

shelandmegsmom's picture

oh my gosh, that is exactly how THEY are!! why do they do that? they will take SD and buy her all kinds of things to bribe her to stay with them. It drives me nuts!