You are here

More adventures in the world of 2nd wife...

branmuffin97's picture

ss13, bm is a bit crazy(more than a bit), dh and bm lived together until he bought a house for us to move in to so there are NO boundaries between them. He's trying...hard...but UGH!!! They've been divorced 10 years...i've been divorced for a few months...and I have WAY less ties to my ex than my dh does. They were only married 3 years..including separation and divorce. I was married for 17.

So this is our first Xmas as a married couple...we spent all day yesterday shopping together. He had to work a bit in the evenning..when he got home we locked ourselves in the bedroom to wrap presents while listening to xmas music. It's 9:30 pm and we've had a really great day together. Phone rings, it's SS wanting to stay the night with a friend Thurs night. Dh says no, you know SM has planned on all the kids spending Friday making food and gifts for family and friends. I have elf hats for all the kids..we'll listen to xmas music and get ready for the holidays..cheesy but it's once a year. He pouts..I can hear dh engaging with him on this issue and he finally squashes it and says NO MEANS NO! Dh tells ss he has all of xmas break to see friends...don't sweat this one night. SS informs him that he's going to be out of the state to visit BM's family for the whole break.

So dh gets on the phone with bm and asks what is up with this out of town stuff. She said he's wrong, he's only staying until Tuesday(from xmas day until tues). They hang up. We get back to wrapping, dh is now a bit pissy, phone rings again. It's BM...she's PISSED. How DARE we make her precious child participate in family things on our days with him(we are custodial, he sees mom 2days a week..weekdays)when he REALLY wants to be with a friend??? Yes...she is interrupting our time to bitch dh out for acting like a parent and ....GASP...disappointing ss. My dh is trying to defend us...saying ss thought it sounded fun...almost apologizing. They go back and forth....then she finds out that if she wants to leave her child with her family out of state...she will have to go back to pick him up! Gasp! My dh won't drive to pick ss up from HER family???? He's going to make her do it???? She called him an asshole.

So...dh needed cool down time. OUr great evening was ruined a bit. Not to mention...they were texting all day while we were out because when dh moved out..he left ss's furniture there with BM. If he would've brought it to our house, even though it was purchased by him, she would've killed him. Well..she's getting ss new furniture for xmas...so now she wants DH to come to her house and remove all the furniture. Um...fuck no??? Seriously....your house, your decision, your job.

Just.....ACK!!!!! I want to throttle SS for crying to mommy about not getting his way...for lying to dh about being out of state all break just to fuel the fire....to BM for not minding her own business and for DH for even engaging her slightly. He is getting MUCH better about things....but sometimes he falls back in the trap.

branmuffin97's picture

OH....and how is this for crazy...last year BM bought SS a Nintendo DS for xmas. Well dh bought him an iPad so ss never even opened the ds. BM mailed it to Dh's sister for her daughter...money is tight for her this year and BM new it because she and dh's sister are still close. The kicker...she mailed it to dh's niece and signed it from BM and DH....wtf???? Just...really....???? Nothing like confusing a 6yo....my uncle has a new wife but I got a gift from him and his old wife???

Bubbly1's picture

^^^^well we are going nowhere then, I'm staying home with my husband, and you can come pick up your daughter obviously, she is not happy here.^^^^

I LOVE THIS!!! Hilarious!!!