You are here

Meh

milknosugar's picture

First day back at work for DH.

Last week my BD18 went overseas to live. BS16 is away on XH farm for hols. I have no kids!!! So much I could do. I have a new business I want to get up and running so we can make ends meet. I just can't get into it because I am still tied to lookiing after SSs.

I know I chose this but there are days I couldn't imagine when I made that decision and I think this in one of them.

I am home with SSs 12 and 11. Offering food which is rejected. Talking to them but they don't talk back. I hate this. So I clean up after them and then SS11 comes up to me and says "What is our daily holiday activity today"? My head says - Excuse me but we have no money because your BM takes it all. He says he expects a daily activity because DH said they should do something every day. So now I am all grumpy and thinking - if DH wants that, DH can organise it can't he?

And I am also grumpy and want to vent because the bank account is empty. He skypes me to say hecouldn't buy his coffee. No s**t sherlock. I think I am expected to look after the account. My head says - there isn't enough money because your Ex gets an enormous CS payment every month and you won't get it lowered (even tho you could) because you don't want to seem tight with your own children.

Meh!!!

shootingstarz's picture

Why are you cleaning up after them? They are old enough to clean up their own mess! And if they don't want to talk to you then why do you have to find them an activity to do? I would have told him that his activity is to clean up after himself!

not yet a step mom's picture

CHORE list!!! thats the first thing i implemented to the "daily living" when my BF's daughter started coming to our house regularly.