You are here

Let's see how this change goes...

3798HH's picture

Ever since I have been with DH (2yrs) his childs room STINKS and is NASTY.. at first I figured it was because there was no woman here to clean so I dug everything out from under the bed and closet and cleaned it up... There was candy and half eat food, trash, and COPENHAGEN CANS!!!... DH dips but I found cans with dip still in them where SS7 would apparently sneak them into room.. I showed them to DH and he said well there have been times when I would miss a can but I figured I had just dipped it all... ANYWAY.. SS7 has bunk beds.. he is an only child (at least here he is the only child) so why does he have bunk beds.. DH answer to that.. BM had just left and SS3 at the time asked for them so I got them... ummm OOOkkkk... SS7 has an over 6ft tall 3ft wide tv stand/book shelf/junk collecter in his room and I ask why... well theres no reason there but it looked horrible and SS was throwing junk behind it so theres a good fire hazzard with the electronic wires plugged in back there too.. I asked DH to take apart bunk beds and remove the junk trap but he has fought me about it for over a year cause he said but SS will be upset.. I dont care, cause its nothing but a junk trap, that just gives him more places to put trash!... well I finally won and today the bunk beds came down and we left 1 twin bed in there, and the huge tv stand came down and now in its place is a small table to hold tv/games what few books the child owns.... he said "I think we will have to deal with a fit come Saturday but it does look a lot better in here, more like a normal kids room" Hahhah let the cry-fest begin!

3798HH's picture

I tell ya ladies, what made my man wake up out of the trance that SS had him under was when I purchased the book "Stepmonster".. it is great.. I went through and highlighted everything that he needed to read!... It says DH's need to realize that a stepfamily is NEVER going to be the family he thinks it will be... DH's need to realize that fights our wishes only makes the Skid see that we really have no say so and it makes them walk on us even more... WONDERFUL book, I slapped him with the book once I had marked everything he needed to read and it has been great ever since.. DHs reaction was WOW I think that book was wrote about us AND HE APPOLOGIZED for everything, for not backing me up, for not calling his child out for back talking me, for not letting me have rules that I wanted followed.

But I have to say, it will be a dramatic Christmas Eve when SS7 see's his bunk bed is gone and he finally has to sleep in a regular bed and doesnt have the junk trap to throw his bad grades and trash behind.