You are here

Ladies....Let Me know What You Think...

dee23's picture

Ok...now we all know that without trust there is little to co chance at a marriage working. Sometimes, when trust is broken, and you decide to try and work thru it; the "guilty party" has to be (or should expect)to be ready to do what it takes to earn that trust back; am I right? If it means that you keep your normally personal info open to her..like access to email facebook, etc...so if she feels she needs that reassurance she can look and get the peace of mind, until the trust is regained. Being lied to, cheated on or betrayed in any form, hurts like hell and can be tough to get over.

There's been a trust issue for a while (with hubby) because of lies or excuses I caught him in. There were certain deal breakers that I made clear before we got married that he said he would respect.
#1 No contact with past/ex girlfriends, flings, sex partners, etc...
#2 That he set clear boundaries that out of respect for me, he can't continue dealing with them. I mean, Im pretty sure most guys dont want their wife chatting up old boyfriends, etc...We both have children from prior relationships...we HAVE to deal with the other parent ..lets not complicate things with other ex's.

Weeell, this hasn't exactly played out the way I had hoped. Im Oct of last year I went on my yahoo email and saw that this girl he was seeing at a point when we split up left him a message on his wall (I could see it cause he was once of my connections on yahoo) and it said, "Hey Mike, great to hear from ya, hows married life treating you?" I confronted him, he said he hadnt talked to her but he "accidentally" accepted her friend request. (um humm..suuure)Because of this I felt that he was really hiding more from me...sure enough he had pics of some girl he had been seeing behind my back at a time that we were still together in our early dating. I was crushed to see that he still had these pics 8 months after we got married. He told me he deleted all girls contact info...not true....found them!

He was mad when I confronted him. He became enraged and flipped it on me. Once we cooled off he deleted all of his email accts but one and gave me access to it. Later, he opened a facebook after telling me he didnt want one. He said it was to get back in contact with guys from HS football. With over 200 friends, most are women from HS. The part that upsets me is that many of them, he has looked up and contacted...he began saying he wanted everything private...now after returning from work tonight he said something about not being on FB much at all. this made me suspicious so I looked and saw that he had been on it since the moment I went to work until I got home. (another lie?) He activated FB mobile...why? when he receives alerts thru his email? Also, he posted his phone number and email PUBLIC!!! he has done completely the opposite of what he said he would...I also realized that tonight he marked the box in internet explorer "delete browsing history on exit"

HERES THE KICKER!!!!! He thought he deleted a conversation he had tonight with a girl from HS named Sarah (but he didnt) and it showed that he looked for her (problem for me)..but in the convo she said to him, " SO if I come up there can I stay with you?" He replied..." Noooo I dont think the wife would like that too much."
She said, " Oh Im sorry, I didnt realize it."
He said," It doesnt show Im married on my profile...I thought it did. If it doesnt, I need to check and make sure it does." If Im down that way I'll say Hi." (WTF?) We all know that if a single woman asks a guy "can I come stay wit you?"..shes flirting. Esp if they havent seen each other in forever!

Now, many women would say, "aww then whats to worry about? He respected you." I have mixed feelings. Firstly he knows how upset I'd be if I knew about this..Im pretty sure this is why he tried to delete the message. Why does he do things like this if he knows it'll hurt me?
Secondly, if the shoe was on the other foot he wouldn't like it. After all the crap Ive caught him in...why would he push the envelope and do stuff behind my back? I know I should be glad that he stood up for the marriage, but everything else that I mentioned in the first paragraph..the changes to the browsing history...making everything public...I mean, hes asking for girls to contact him. Ive told him that he can say one thing or have innocent intentions, but the woman will hear or interpret it totally different. The fact that he went looking for her prob made her think, " Oh hes thinking of me after all this time." Im hurt that he even reached out..but glad he let her know he was married.

Im so in limbo. I'm tired of not knowing if I can trust him. Why would he do all those things in addition, contacting her...but still tell her no that hes married? Please, Im so upset and I just dont know what to do.

dee23's picture

I want to trust, but I cant understand WHY, considering his past with not cutting ties like he should and lying about it...why would he do something that he knows would hurt me? Is it that he's looking to open a door of opportunity? Is he just social and sees nothing wrong with it?

doll faced sm's picture

I was cheated on multiple times in a serious relationship, and yes, expected complete transparency to restore trust. When I didn't get it (his argument being that the only way for me to trust him again was to just do. Um, not!!!), I installed a key logger on my computer. Sure enough, he was still chatting up random women from the internet trying to get laid. I should have known, and looking back, I really did, but I *wanted* to beleive him and *wanted* to stay together with him. After that, though, I knew he would never change. I let go and am so happy I did.

dee23's picture

I dont understand the point of reaching out to her yet telling her no, his wife wouldnt like it, and thren making it a point to say to her that he thought his status read married..and that he needed to make sure it did.

He deleted the chcat...or so he thought, but I found it archived so he tried to hide it, but yet still did acted like a married man by saying no to her. I dont get it

doll faced sm's picture

A basic keylogger is a program that "logs" all the keystrokes as they are typed. It runs in the background, and unless you know where to look for it, you never know it's running at all. Some of the more sophosticated ones will go so far as to log what websites or programs (i.e. Yahoo! messenger) the conversations are being held in, so there's no confusion of where he's saying what.

I found mine just by googling "free keylogger program." All you'll probably be able to get for free is just a basic keylogger, but that was all I needed. It didn't matter to me who or in what program he was talking about getting together for a hook-up, the fact that I knew it wasn't me on the other end of the conversation was more than adequte.

stepsonhatesme's picture

can you go on his FB and change all the settings? b/c I would in a heart beat. I know exactly what is on my DH as I set it up for him. so I know all his passwords for everything.
as I've had the same problems from my DH too

simifan's picture

I'd be adding a screen capture ( takes screen shots every so often when the computer is active) to the computer ASAP because I'd have to be certain, but honey I'm 95% certain he's cheating. Be prepared.

justwondering007's picture

Cheating. Sorry. I went through the same thing and called it quits several years ago. He died last year but he told me he realized he had been stupid once we divorced, and I moved on. You'll be better off believe me. It was such a relief.