You are here

Kids say the darndest things... stupid parents.

ladyfosho's picture

Has BM/ BD ever said something in the presence of skid/s that got back to you via skid/s?
My SD told me once that "mommy doesn't like you at alllll." We were also playing on my computer and came across a picture of me that was my Facebook profile picture and SD said, "mommy has that picture of you on her computer." Hahaha! Stalker much? I hope this unfiltered mouth sticks around. And we have nothing to worry about because we don't talk about BM at all when SD is here.

anabihibik's picture

"Mom quit smoking cigarettes. Now, all she smokes is catnip."
"Mom smokes a lot of catnip."
"My mom says she hates you."
"My mom says you're a B****."

I hope he tells his teacher his mom smokes catnip.

Anywho78's picture

From SD7 & SS8
"My mommy said that you aren't as pretty as we are!"
"My mommy said that you're stupid"
"My mommy said we could have a BEACH FAMILY VACATION with mommy & daddy & SF & YOU!"

There would be others if BM Nasty called them more often

From SD14 & SD15
"My mom said dad has to pay for my nails to get done like yours"
"My mom said that you're a pathetic waste of space"
"My mom thinks my dad only likes you cause you're cheap"
"My mom doesn't care if we drink!"

lmac's picture

SD7 on seeing that I was friends with her mom and my husband's sister on fb:

"You should not be friends with mommy and aunt x. They are NOT your friends."

--Looking very sad and worried about me during this.

ladyfosho's picture

That is soooooo sweet that she was concerned about your feelings. And it is so f'ed up that her mom and family members don't try harder to hide how they feel about you.

lmac's picture

Yeah, she was like they do not say very nice things about you, so I told her it's ok for some people to not like me, but there was nothing I could do about that. I told her I liked her and she liked me, so we didn't really have to worry about what anyone else thought of that.

lmac's picture

Yes it makes me sad that she has to hear that sort of crap about me too.

She is a lot like her dad though in that once she has some loyalty to a person it is VERY hard for her to let go, so hopefully she will keep clinging to that, though I know she will do the same for her mom as well.

I think the fact that she told me all of that shows she was trying to protect me. DH is very much like that as well. Even when the bad completely outweighs the good in a person's actions, he will keep giving that person chances, and is not easily swayed from that point of view. Both of them are also immediately loyal to whoever is being nice or showing them special attention, and they appreciate that attention a lot.

I've known SD now 8 since she was 4, and she immediately took to me, as my DH lived in a house with another guy, and I was the only girl around. SS11 likes me because I treat him like he has a brain (something that his mother is incapable of doing, as she doesn't have one herself).

I really am not too worried about the skids either now or long term outside the scope of normal teenager stuff.

Goincrazy40's picture

BM told her D'S that she can't stand to hearty voice cheering for HER SON on the soccer field. I asked him if it bugged him. He said no. I said then I'm doing what want! Smile

stepmomto3bioto1's picture

Oh wow.. I sadly have soooooo many:

"Our mom said we dont have to listen to you, you are nothing"
"Our mom said that you wont let Dad be friends with mom, cause your jealous of her" hahahaha...NOT! lol
"Our mom said your a slut, what is that?"
"Our mom said Dad is only with you cause he cant have Her" again, NOT! lol

And my all-time favorite:

"Our mom said all your family is dead now, because they were horrible people".. Again, NOT , the woman doesnt know anyone I know (different states) and darn her anyway, she knows my Grandparents died of old age and sadly my dad died two years ago from Cancer!!! (I seriously still want to knock her lights out for this one!!!!!)

My response to the last one was "Awwww..tell your mommy that Im soooooo glad she is so jealous of me to constantly have to be talking about me"....hahahahahaha I sure hope she got that LOUD & CLEAR

giveitago's picture

Yep yep... I have similar stuff going on here too. SD 17 is going through an introspective phase right now and we talk a lot. I told her I will always respect the fact that it's her biological mother but she not someone I would choose to have as a friend. We chuckle about the things BM used to tell her to tell me and it really does just take time for things to come into perspective for kids. I do not lose my cool about it, some of the things are actually quite amusing. SD was encouraged by BM to try and push me out of the picture but DH and I held firm and I believe that is a better example to SKids and even though they pushed the boundaries beyond limits they still know we love them very much. Ultimately that's what will stay with them as they grow into decent adults.

tootie25's picture

BM was a crack baby and thus has a learning disorder. And I mean when we were required to pay medical 50/50 I would have to talk to her new MIL because she couldn't understand how much she would have to pay after we paid our half. BM's new husband is also severely dyslexic. He can't read and he struggles to write. He's a plumber and has lost numerous jobs bc he cut too many different pipes the wrong length. Anyways SS3 said his Stepdad was at school and I asked what he was going to school for... SS3 sat for a long time and thought about it and finally said, "He needs to learn how to read and write." LOL! Thats what I told him when he asked me a few weeks previously why he had to go to preschool. But the irony was too funny!