You are here

just a vent

silver ring's picture

Hello, everyone!

This is just a vent.
I came back from my stepson's kindergarten graduation ceremony. And, of course, his biological mother was there. A little background...my stepson has been living with my husband and I since 2009. We have been taking care of him full time. Doing everything for him, buying everything he needs, paying school field trips...whole nine yards. His biological mother who realized that it is too much work to raise a child and gave him up when he was 2. But she also realized that she wants to keep playing the mommy role whenever it is convenient with her.
Long story short...she came to the graduation ceremony like she has done some work with this child. She has not done a freaking thing for this child other than spoiling our work.

When my husband is out of town with his work, the entire responsibility falls on me. 24/7...

She should have stayed home and not shown at school like it was her damn work.

Right now he is with her to get a toy from Toys r Us.

I am just so mad right now.

Thank you for reading this.

sarahjane's picture

I understand your anger, it has happened to me and the BM of my SD who hardly spends time with her. All I can say is don't let the bitterness spoil your relationship with your SS, otherwise he will sense the anger as he gets older and he will feel stuck in the middle of a war zone! Easier said than done I know, but try and rise above her games, you will be the better person in the end. I wish you love and strength, Smile

silver ring's picture

Thank you for your kind words, Sarah. I try not to show it in front of my stepson. But it's hard.

silver ring's picture

Okay. Whatever.
My husband did not dump his kid on me. The mother gave up her parental rights and decided to come back when the child was already trained. She does not really care about the child. She cares about her being "the mommy of the year" on her family's and friends' eyes.

BadMamaJAMA's picture

I feel for you, silver ring. At least she didn't make it a moment to get all fuzzy-wuzzy with DH, like "look what we did!" Or did she?

Yosemite's picture

Ohh that sucks! I know how you feel cause my adopted daughter's BM abandoned her then after I went thru hell with her because of her abandonment issues, her BM rode in on a white horse to play grandma once she had a baby. It's hard because it really is good for the kids to have a relationship with their BM, but it burns your ass to see it when they were not there for the hard parts.