You are here

graduation

guiltystepmom's picture

Hi!

So Sd16 is graduating next week AND HASNT invited her father to the ceremony.

Also, se moved two months ago and still hasnt informed the father of her new adress.

All this because he refused to pay for her private college. She hasnt given any news since late feb.

Should we send some flowers at least the day of her grad?? Thanks!!!!

DH doesnt want.

jumanji's picture

My youngest didn't invite her Dad to her graduation (I did, however). But... this was after refusing to come to her Sweet 16 (not being asked to contribute anything but his presence, and yes, his wife was welcome to join him - I made it plain that I would make myself scarce), not acknowledging anything special in her life (birthdays, holidays, academic achievements - all of which he was well aware of) for quite a few years. By the time she was done with HS? She was done with him. Can't say as I blame her. (And yes, I made sure she called him on every birthday and holiday, and encouraged her to send gifts when appropriate. Until she turned 18. I still remind her, but I no longer force contact.

EvilWickedSM's picture

I wouldn't send anything because, after all, she hasn't given him her address so that he can send her something. If he had to get it from someone else, then too bad for her.

momto3's picture

I don't believe DH plans on giving SD18 anything for her graduation. She didn't invite us, only her one sister that still lives with us...she didn't include us or her other two sisters & step sister. I refuse to go since I wasn't invited. DH feels like he shold still go.

guiltystepmom's picture

well thank god my DH doesnt feel obligated to anything.

She hasnt called to say she moved and give her new adress, so where r we suppose do send this gift?

All this cause she is embarrassed... her mom had met a guy a couple of yrs ago (a neighbor that she went with while she was with the last stepfather) and they bought a huge house and they lost it and now they r living under rent.