You are here

Joint Custody with no child support- really?

growing's picture

Ex hubby and I have joint custody, and I have primary residence right now, but we are switching primary residence to his house for school reasons. Starting in the fall, ex hubby will have him during the school year, and I'll have summers, school holidays, some weekends. We're in different states. This decision has already been made, we are now trying to finalize details.

He pays for plane tickets and cs right now. I asked that he continue to pay for plane tickets, since I assume I will be paying cs, and can't afford both- but he has offered for me to just pay plane tickets, no cs. And I will be buying/paying for extras.

I've known divorced couples who did this before, but that was a few years ago. Will the courts really allow us to do this?

I know that he can change his mind and file at any time, but he would have to show a change of circumstance to modify, according to both of our states.

Of course, I'm afraid of agreeing to paying for plane tickets, and then later he files for cs, which will leave me stuck with both.