You are here

i'm sick and no one cares :(

dispiritedstepmom2011's picture

well, bf does and so does bd5. late last night my throat began to hurt and my right nostril was clogged real good. woke up this morning completly stuffed up, coughing and aches and pains. all day i was dragging, bd5 and i stayed home from our weekly park outing with friends cause i just wasnt into doing anything. right now, i feel like im gonna die. so achey, so freakin cold! its muggy outside and i put the a/c up to 80 but im still cold, wearing bf's knee-high socks, a pair of my own, pj pants and long sleeve shirt...still feel icky and cold. bf checked my temp and i dont have a fever tho so weird...

ok anyways sd is at bm's and bf asked her to keep sd another night. sd is still suspended from school so its not like she'd ,miss it. bm says no cause she has had her the last 3 weekends. i heard bf explain to her that i am sick and want to go to bed when we put bd down for bed (he has to work tonight and usually i am up doing hw so i wake him up at 10:15--but tonight he said he would wake himself up)

so its 9:15 and no sd yet. im so livid! bf told me to just go to bed but sd doesnt have a house key and i am not leaving it unlocked, no matter that one of our dogs is a good protector.

i hate bm. i hate sd. i feel so shitty tonight.

on a brighter note, my precious sweet bd5 told me as i was laying down with her for bed that SHE had to sing ME a song caus ei was sick---how freakin sweet is THAT!

thank u. im hoping that its nothing and that after a good nights sleep tonight i will feel better in the A.M. im hoping it isnt the start of something serious like bronchitis or the flue or something. havent been sick like that in like 3-4yrs. iv had bouts of feeling like crap on and off but havent been bed-ridden-need-antibiotics-sick in forever.

oncechoosetosmile's picture

I hope you will feel better soon, hun!!! Sad
May I please say something though-in the core family we need to cope with everything as well having the kids in the house while we are sick.So expecting from BM to take SD because you are sick is maybe not realistic, even though understandable and wishful.The same applies that if she is sick or her BF- unless it is an emergency , she needs to look after SD.Unless you manage to organise a trade of some kind- my ex and I sometimes do that, but in general I try not to rely on him if I need care for my three.Just a thought.

Get well soon!!!

i totally agree with what u are saying, and after re-reading what i put, i know that i have made comments to bm and her dopey hubby about dealing with sd even if one or both are "sick" when they have sd...so i totally sound like a hypocrite lol.

sd is home now and she asked me what was wrong with me, which is kinda her way of caring maybe? not "hope u feel better, anything i can do for u" but im shocked she ackowledged that i was sick...she's in her room now watching tv.

bm brought up a point to bf when he pushed for sd to stay longer: "y is she stressing over sd13 but not being home alone with bd5 who is more work if she wakes up at night? u would think she would be pushing for someone to keep bd5 overnight so she knows she wont be responsible for her and can sleep in tomorrow"

i think that its the fact i wanted to go to bed early and bm's attitude was that she didnt know when she would be droppin sd off. that pissed me off cause its like 'ok im sick so either freakin keep her or bring her back like NOW so i can go to sleep earlier than i usually do'.