You are here

I really hate my DH sometimes

HarleyQuinn's picture

So it's skid night,we have them once a night during the week and EOWE.I hate it,the build up from the Mondays after work and the tues mornings,it feels like a storm is brewing.DH becomes this miserable difficult person who won't talk to me and is very rude tbh.Sane with the friday mornings.every other day is fine,me and DH are a normal couple who enjoy being with each other.then when skids are looming its awful.theres so much tension and I'm damned if I do,damned if I don't NOTHING I do is right.im a stranger in my own home which I pay (70%) !i have done so much for DH and skids,no thanks tho!
Anyways DH starts arguing with me as soon as I get home in front of his kids (3&6) over a minor thing that happened on the phone which he shouted at me so I hung up.anyways he wants to get all heated so I tell him to F off and I walk out.he calls me 20mins later "so I have nothing to apologise for so.." In a really arrogant way so I just hung up.about 30mins later I go back to get my £ and he's chained the door,we never ever do this.then he's laughing to his kids in a horrible way "ha ha harleyquinns trying to get i ha ha" then comes and opens the door.i did swear at him (I wanted to pop him in his mouth) and grabbed my things on the side and walked out crying.skids did not see me but did hear everything.question why the hell does he think he can pull stunts like this every damn week?!he is so disrespectful towards me when he feels like it even if his kids are there and it makes me hate him.im sat out side for 2hours now coz I don't any to go home.i have no family here nor friends as this is where he grew up not me.
BTW I think I'm pregnant and he knows this too.WTF!! I'm going to tell him I don't want his kids in my house until he shows me respect,he's the one who should be treading round me when they are here not the other way round.im having a really low day with him as he can be the loveliest guy but he can also be so heartless towards me Sad

SMof2Girls's picture

"why the hell does he think he can pull stunts like this every damn week?!"

The answer to this is simple: because you let him. Because he knows you'll take it. You may get mad or upset or stop talking to him, but at the end of the day, you come home and continue the cycle.

You need to stand your ground .. I mean REALLY stand your ground. If that means separating all your finances and renting a small apartment for yourself, do it. You don't need friends or family to do that.

christinen's picture

Sorry you are being treated like that, HarleyQuinn! That’s awful that your husband thinks he has the right to treat anyone that way, especially his own wife. We have issues when skid comes over too. My DH also acts like a completely different person. He basically ignores me and coddles skid the entire week she is there. I seriously don’t know why we SMs ever got ourselves into these situations in the first place. Like who in their right mind wants to deal with this bs!!?

HarleyQuinn's picture

The thing is,he doesn't even want them here 20mins after they arrive!sorry to be harsh but its true.They are not my f$?k up,so not my problem.im not hiding in my own house,I hate reading other SMs have to do that.ive come home and told him,either you show me respect and treat me like ur wife,no kids in my house other than EOWE (he can see them in the week outside of our house) UNTIL he recognises me as his QUEEN and to be treated like this OR he can kiss my arse good bye.im tired off it and cried down the phone to my mum which I haven't done since I was a child...that's how I know it's decision time.i love this man,but I married him as my equal,my partner and I deserve to be treated the same,especially when it comes to having his skids around.
Thanks Step talkers!

hismineandours's picture

This is weird. Why would he want to have these scenes in front of his small children? Does he not know, that besides being emotinally abusive to you and damaging YOUR relationship, he is also damaging his own children?

Is is some sort of weird loyalty thing-like he feels like he gotta be nasty to you in front of them? I understand a little of that when the kids are older and manipulate and play this up-but kids of this age are not likely doing that. Instead he is just exposing them to alot of inappropriate adult conflict.

Step-Volgirl's picture

*HUGS*

Your DH is being a jerk. I'd seek marriage counseling ASAP - especially if you are pregnant. If you aren't pregnant, I'd visit a divorce attorney. At least the attorney could give you advice on how to protect yourself in case you want to get out. I would let him know that you've looked into a divorce and if he doesn't start treating with BASIC respect, he'll need to find a new place to live.

HarleyQuinn's picture

Frieda I would love to come!! Thanks all of you!it really does suck when you feel you need to surrender your own space and home to them for their 'family' time #coughbullshit!
He won't speak to BM like this in front of the skids because it damages them but he loves doing it with me..?! He is being such a jerk and can never apologise which makes it even worse.we have rebuild from an argument with no apology and him always gas lighting me when it comes to the nxt argument.
I think if I am pregnant then it will open his eyes up even more because he knows I not putting my own child into a mess like this

krazykaty's picture

Don't think that a baby will solve anything! Standing up for yourself is the key. When he starts being a jerk, call him on it! Say "talking at me like that is mean and hurful. You need to appologize right now." Call him out ESPECIALLY in front of the skids.

Privately, let him know that he's teaching his kids that if he has a boy, it's ok to treat his wife that way and if he has a daughter that it's ok for her husband to treat her that way. The best thing you can teach children is how to be an healthy, loving marriage.

HarleyQuinn's picture

Oh I'm not using a baby as an ultimatum or anything, i just meant that he will realise that he has alot more to lose, a family that he actually wants.
I do call him out on it, in front of the skids and in private. Ive told him everything you've said, that one day your girls will end up with a man like you and think its ok coz of how you are with-karma will be a bi*ch to you. and nothing!and honestly there is no way he will apologise to me, ever. Ive tried and given up.

Jane73's picture

I think you deserve so much better than this!

Just imagine how it will be if you have kids with this man.... No way if he is going to change his behavior. Neighter you nor your skids should have to put up with this crap.
Stand up for yourself honey and remember - You are lucky, you can still turn your back and newer see him again. The skids however, will have to live with this pathetic excuse for a dad for the rest of their lives!

I feel really really sorry for the situation you are in, but you are strong and there still is time to get out of it and start a fresh. Ask yourself if you want your life to be like this for the next 40-50 years. Please don`t let yourself be treated like this, both you and the skids deserve a lot better. And I`d tip the BM off about your DHs behavior, no sane mom would allow their kids to experience this sort of thing. Seriously.

A big hug!