You are here

I Never Knew!

Lollybobs's picture

Hi all, I'm new here. Have spent the last couple of days quietly reading forum posts and wondering why on earth it has taken 20 years for it even to occur to me that there are other people out there in my situation! Seriously, I've never even thought to look. Even before I post anything more specific, I feel better already having read a lot of posts and replies. Thanks everyone...looking forward to getting to know you all better Smile

tog redux's picture

Welcome! Whatever your flavor of step situation, you can find someone dealing with the same thing here.

Kes's picture

Always nice to welcome a new UK member, there are not that many of us here.  Most of us found this place by googling "I can't stand my stepkid/s" or similar!    I have been here over 8 yrs and many members longer.  Hope you find this place helpful as I have. 

CLove's picture

Welcome to this site. Im 5 years in, married, with no bios of my own and two SD's, one I call Feral Forger SD20, the other is Munchkin SD13.

I always recomend that new folks read as much as they can here, and review the forum topics, even the ones you think dont apply to you. I started because things were so bad for me 3 years ago, I had gotten into some scufles with Feral Forger, have a VERY high conflict BM I call Toxic Troll, and was at the end of Rope #1, #2. and #3.

Post more when you feel you need/want to. There is something for everyone here!!!!

Oh, and you can also read individual blogs when you see something you can relate to.

Exjuliemccoy's picture

Welcome! I'm glad you found us.

I didn't find StepTalk until I'd been married for 18 years. I was a doormat, because it had never occurred to me that I had a choice. When I married, there  weren't any resources available that spelled out the hard facts the way we do here. 

You'll get support and straight truth here.

shamds's picture

i happened upon this place over a year ago after feeling resentful of my life with 3sk and 2 bio’s with my hubby and feeling like a doormat and puppet for skids and bio mum to control.

lots of helpful people here been through all that gave me the confidence to stand up for myself and not be treated as a doormat.

its nice knowing others here who have been in your place and can guide you on how to protect yourself.

i too googled something along the lines of “hate my skids and controlling out of line bio mum and gaslighting” before i came across this site

Rags's picture

Welcome,

I hope that you find this to be a good place to vent, contribute and pick up some useful advice from others who are living the blended family dream.

lorlors's picture

I too came across this site by googling ‘I hate my step-children’. 

Steptalk is a goldmine of advice. Whatever you’re going through step-wise, you’ll read about it on here too.