You are here

Before I freak out... FACEBOOK Question

OrangeUGlad's picture

So... Dh jumped up a bit ago and said he has to run to the grocery store. Which is 5 mins away.

He never runs to the grocery & he was just out to drop sd at bms...

He was gone for 45.

All that is suspicious, but not alarming...

but the really WEIRD part was that facebook posted that he was at a location during that time frame that he wouldn't have been near (a local park).

Now. There is a possibility he was there earlier today with sd.

How accurate is the time stamp?! It posted while he was out and said he was there "5 mins ago" at the time I was logged on.

And how does it work? Did he go in and post that he was there? Does it randomly post where you are when you are logged on?

OrangeUGlad's picture

We are in the middle of a conflict. ie aren't talking.

I thought we would talk this evening, but sd was here because she was sick. He took her home, came home and went upstairs, presumably to nap. I have to work from home this evening so was/am on the computer.

He came down and said he had to go to store. Left. Came back 45 mins later. Had some groceries (NOT 45 mins worth) and said nothing about where he was, why he was goen so long, or why fb said he was somewhere else.

It was definitely a new post, not something that had been sitting there, and the time now says like "35 mins" ago.

But before I ask him WTF, I want to make sure that it isn't some glitch where you post it at 2 and it marks it 7.

Orange County Ca's picture

This is something Facebook does automatically right? One is signed on to Facebook and it tracks where you are in more or less real time. Why in hell do people sign up for something like that? :?

Maybe this is a hot time at the local park to look at children playing. Did he get a text just before leaving? Lady friend?

I'd keep silent. Use the system to see his future travels until you've got an idea of what is going on then ask him. Meanwhile Google: signs infidelity

hereiam's picture

I'm guessing there are other reasons that you are suspicious? What groceries did he come back with? What could not wait until tomorrow?

My husband would think it was weird if I just up and went to the store, I just don't do that. Once I'm home, I'm home. He does it all the time; for a candy bar, for tea, for popcorn, for any little thing. I don't get it but.....

MamaFox's picture

I check into places on facebook. I have NEVER had it post anything like that without actually sitting there and opening the application and posting it to FB. You have to click accept like three times.

I really dont think this was an accident. Screen shoot it.

rahrah2019's picture

Why would he be dumb enough to post where he was, if it wasn't where he was saying he was going, if he was up to no good? This would be hard for me to leave alone, but that's exactly what I would do. If you confront him on it, and there is something else going on, he will just tighten things up so it will be harder to find anything. Just sit on it and watch for anything else that might be weird.

AllySkoo's picture

So strange... It's also been my experience that the timestamps are accurate. I think I'd leave FB out of it though and just ask, "So where else did you go besides the grocery store?" and see what he says.

Did you talk to him?

OrangeUGlad's picture

I wasn't suspicious in the sense that I think he is cheating. Just suspicious that it seems he was lying. About what? idk. Why? Idk

I tested facebook out and it looks like it will post any location if you click on that page to check in- regardless of where you are. It also may randomly post stuff, but I don't see how or why.

It was suspicious because he never leaves the house in the evening to grab something from the store. And an errand that should have taken 15 minutes tops took him at least 45 minutes.

And then the facebook thing.

I asked him what took so long at the grocery store and he said the lines were long. And then I asked why did fb say you were at X spot? And he denied it and said it must be wrong because he only went to the grocery store. Which I believe is possible.

But his reaction was odd- in a way I don't know if I can capture. He was trying to suppress laughter which might have just been because he thought it was so ridiculous or might have been because he felt guilty. But completely unlike any reaction I have ever seen in him.

There have been no other reasons for me to suspect him of anything.

OrangeUGlad's picture

The park is between approximately 2 miles from the store he was at, which may be within facebook's error range.

Trinka's picture

My ex lied like that. Turns out he was lying about everything!!!
He was a sociopath tho

Hope it is nothing.

OrangeUGlad's picture

Yeah I am letting this go.

He *may* have gone driving in circles just to get out of the house since there was tension. That could have taken him closer to the park.

I don't know why he wouldn't have just said that.

But I think it is more likely nothing than something.

snowdrop's picture

good, let it go. so what if he was at the park (but likely he wasn't even at the park). I wish my DH would leave the house to take a break from tension if he needed it.