You are here

How do you take "in writing"

Stepmom09's picture

We are moving soon and the custody agreement stats that DH must "notify the other party in writing of new address" Would y'all take that as email or normal mail?

I am thinking Dh should mail it certified mail just to cover his butt. Plus I think it would freak BM out a little which is always funny to me. What would y'all do?

Just for a reference BM moved she emailed then changed and moved earlier then she said which was less then the time BM had to tell DH before hand.

Stepmom09's picture

O I wasn't saying send it late or anything. More just mail or email. And I think we will mail it certified.

Stepmom09's picture

Also, How would y'all word the letter? BM's are always way too much information like we are moving to a different property owned by the same landlord and blah blah blah blah.

Stepmom09's picture

Love the address lol

SS attends school we are zoned for how would you include that paperwork is done and approved to keep SS in said school (we are moving a minute away but a different school district)

Stepmom09's picture

His Agreement says address of the party that moves. Says nothing about where the child lives. (weird)

Stepmom09's picture

We can't move out of the county we are in but they have joint everything. There is no NCP and CP. But it is put under contact information. It is technically how to mail something to DH I guess??

Stepmom09's picture

Our county is huge. Like close to 3 hours from one side to the other both north to south and east to west. We are staying with in the city limits because well I don't want to live outside of them lol but we could live in a few different towns.

somedevilishbeauty's picture

I'd send certified, and maybe a post it note on her front door just to be a smartass. }:) Of course he does not have to notify her for shit anymore.

somedevilishbeauty's picture

I'd send certified, and maybe a post it note on her front door just to be a smartass. }:) Of course he does not have to notify her for shit anymore.

Stepmom09's picture

There isn't even the option to do the street view because there wasn't a street yet. Just a few months ago did the neighborhood even show up on google.

Stepmom09's picture

Me too. She will probably drive over to the house. (new information I google the new address again and someone screw up on the city website and put an extra 0 in the price the assessor said it was worth. Our paperwork is right and if you look it up officially it is right but google says the city said it is worth A LOT more then it is lol)

notsurehowtodeal's picture

There are many ways to send a letter when you need proof it was delivered.

If you want to make sure BM is the only one who can sign for the letter, send it Certified Mail with Restrictive Delivery. No one will other than BM will be able to sign for the letter. This is what we used to do because she couldn't say that she never go the letter if she is the one who signed for it.

If you send it Certified Mail w/Signature Confirmation you will get a copy of the receipt showing who signed for the mail. Anyone at the house can sign for the letter.

Stepmom09's picture

Did you know think a judge would believe she never saw it if her husband signs for it?

WalkOnBy's picture

"If you want to make sure BM is the only one who can sign for the letter, send it Certified Mail with Restrictive Delivery. No one will other than BM will be able to sign for the letter. This is what we used to do because she couldn't say that she never go the letter if she is the one who signed for it."

that is Chapter 38 in the BM handbook - "I Never Received That, Your Honor"

It was written by Medusa.

Stepmom09's picture

Also, how far ahead of time should be mail it? It needs to get to her a week before we move.

notsurehowtodeal's picture

The post office will try at least twice to deliver the letter and will leave a notice on the door that a letter needs to be picked up at the post office. I'd time it so it arrives 2 weeks before the actual move. That way she will have a week to get the letter before the deadline. So allow a week plus transit time and maybe an extra day or two to be safe.