You are here

How common is it?

AngeLily's picture

How common is it to only cringe at the mere thought of only ONE of your stepkids? I have two SS's with two different BM's. One SS I love like my own and the other I would rather hide than have to deal with. Just wondering if anyone else has this kind of weird dynamic :/

AngeLily's picture

Lmao I know. BM 1 I have to talk to because she and dh cannot get along and she grounds ss14 all the time so he can't come over. BM 2 is mom to ss7 she makes my stomach turn and so does her little nightmare. She pulls dh's puppet strings and uses ss7 as a bargaining chip. I dread the day she breaks up with her current piggy bank because those strings will get yanked again

Want my life back's picture

I cringe at the sight of the 27 SD she is just a clone of the mother, the other 25SD I tolerate as she has always tried to a certain degree. SS 31 creeps me out big time and in the 17 years he has never tried to engage with me, Initially Step mums have got a genuine interest in connecting with the skids to create harmony all round. The thing is, as time passes you soon relize it is a complete waste of time and energy to continue down this path. Once we know in ourselves that you will never change their mean spirited mind set and set yourself free to connect with yourself and others who are important in your life.

"Women are angels & when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible like that." couldn't care less if I never saw them ever again.

These individuals are toxic to your emotional, spiritual and physical health. They mean nothing to me.

Want my life back's picture

I second that, the skids are revolting mean people. I hate that these oxygen theives have been introduced into my life.

sunbeam0901's picture

I despise SD19 & SS8 equally. They are too much like their mother. Lazy, dirty, & have a sense of entitlement. SS16 has PLENTY of faults but at least tries and also has a good work ethic. Still don't care for him much, but if I were forced to choose a monster I suppose it would be that one.

mama_althea's picture

I really like and care about one of them, hence I don't mention him much on here. The other one is cringe-worthy. As someone else has mentioned...kinda shoots down the possibility that you just don't like skids in general. Shows that it is something about that specific kid that you have a problem with.

AngeLily's picture

I actually understand that. My SS that is the bane of my existence, I actually DO care about as well, but I care about him more in the sense that I hope he's happy and healthy AND STAYS AT HIS MOMS. Twisted but true.