You are here

"Housewives of OC" watchers, have you seen ...

2Tired4Drama's picture

... the episode(s) where Vicki's adult daughter Brianna elopes with a guy Vicki has never met before?

BUT when Vicki introduces her boyfriend (Brooks) to Brianna, she is outright rude and unaccepting of him. Brianna claims it is because she is "protecting" her mother and is worried that Brooks is an opportunist (which he may or may not be).

When Vicki protests and says, "I have been polite and accepted your new husband even though I don't know him," her daughter says, "But that's different." When Vicki asks her to describe why it's different, of course Brianna has no clear answer.

I just think this particular episode is an example of how adult children are unaccepting of their parents moving on and having lives and loves of their own, and feel free to judge their decisions. Yet ... the adult kids want their parents to be unquestioning and accepting of THEIR new partners without question!

I know, I know it's a pretty trashy show. But this episode in particular caught my eye because it encapsulates so much of what we go through when dealing with adult skids.

I guess the lesson here is that all of you who think your trials and tribulations end when the skids grow up, think again! Come on over to the adult skids board for some continuing education! Smile

Disneyfan's picture

There has to be more going on. Both of Vicki's kids were kind and respectful to her last husband.

There are a few reality shows the show step families that are working. Run's House and Housewives of Atlanta are two that come to mind.

caregiver1127's picture

Brianna loves her stepdad that Vicki was married to for over 20 years and was cheating on with this new guy Brooks (who by the way is the sleaziest guy I have ever seen) while she was still with Don - so she is absolutely right it is different for the two of them - Vicki cheated with Brooks and Brianna married a man that she has known for 3 years and he husband was in the military and in Afghanistan for the last year - Vicki is the one who is so pissed off that she does not get to have a wedding.

Plus I have watched the show from the beginning and Vicki is the biggest control freak ever and I am glad to see that Brianna is concerned about her mother and finally standing up to her and doing her own thing. If you saw the next episode Vicki confronts Brianna and Brianna tells her that she had read her mother's emails and knows that she was cheating on her father (who is her stepfather who she loves very much). In fact she shows America how she is loyal to her Stepfather even to the point of standing up to her mother and Brianna is a nurse and has worked hard all her adult life and just overcame thyroid cancer and that is why she married her boyfriend in Vegas - because she thought she was dying and realized that life is short and she had to live the way she wanted to not the way her mother insisted she lived.

2Tired4Drama's picture

I agree that Vicki seems self-centered. I haven't seen this other episode you referred to. I just watched that section about accepting others, and thought it was interesting especially when some people have had this same scenario - the kids want parents to accept their husbands/wives but in return, are not so accepting of their parents' choices.

imjustthemaid's picture

Normally I would have 100% agreed with Brianna because she was implying that Vicki cheated on Donn with this sleaze ball. But the only part I did not like was when she said something about how he is not even trying with her kids. Brooks was being nice to them but I think he was trying too hard and for him to say he loves her son like his own kid was very weird.

Brooks rubs me the wrong way and I think he is only around for the money. If Vicki was a normal person struggling to make ends meet he would not be going back and forth to see her the way he does. She pays for everything and he is along for the ride.

I do think Brianna was too harsh on him. Like Vicki said she just wants her to respect him and I think Brianna was wrong the way she treated him. Its really none of her business who her mother is dating and she was very rude to him.

I do not like Vicki because she is a control freak and everything always has to be about her all the time.

stepmomto3bioto1's picture

I have to ummm admit i watch the show. I can understand and empathise with BrIanna on this one. Vicki was cheating on Don with Brooks. I saw on the show then looked it up. I guess Don finally admitted it, and I guess he has alot of proof. Guess Vicki had left her email open in their office at home & Don saw them, then confronted both of them about the affair.

Brianna & her brother had both lovingly accepted Don and totally see him as their Dad. They hated to see how their Dad betrayed like that. Its sad really.