You are here

Honestly wish he wasnt around..at all

im_trying_my_best's picture

THis is bad. I know it. Its "wrong". I know it. But I cant help it. I need to write it down.
I wish my husbands 'kid' wasnt here, wasnt around...ever. Granted we only see him MAYBE twice a month, so I know that my situation is pretty good compared to most, but I just cant stand him. I cant get into everything he has done, but it is alot. To make matters worse, it may or may NOT even be his real kid. makes me mad.
We have our own child, a real child from my husband and I due in december and it just makes me mad when I start thinking of stuff like "how is this kid going to act around the baby" "are we really going to have to drive the hour and 1/2 to get the little brat with a newborn?" "what if he tries to hurt the baby like he tried to hurt my daughter". I honestly just wish he wasnt in the equation at ALL. Even if there was a paternity test done, which ive pushed for, my hubby says it wouldnt matter to him. UGH!!! Just wanted to rant. Im sure Ill get my share of "you know he had a son" blah blah blah comments, but hey, this is how I feel and this site clearly says "where stepparents come to vent" lol.
Side note: his mom is supposedly moving soon, when she graduates, so all i can say is that cant come soon enough and i pray its far far away lol. then all i have to do is make excuses in the summer to put off getting him. i know i know, im the evil stepmom right? lol

lilmissy999's picture

You and I think a like. I want to have children with my BF someday and I get angry thinking about the SS8 around MY child (that wasn't even concieved), and sharing my BF (future DH)with another woman's child. I too wish the kid wasn't in the picture too and I'm afraid I'm going to get worse when I'll have my own children as I will become even more territorial and protective.

ldytremaine's picture

i feel the same way! youre not alone. we only see the kid for the summer. and thats enough. when my husband and i were just dating i kinda liked the kid. he didnt come for awhile since he lives in another state but when he did i was giving birth to our son, and i just had all this hatred towards him. everything changed when i had my son. he wasnt as annoying as he is now, and he was cuter..lol. what killed me was how my husband and his family always compared my son to him. he doesnt even look like my husband, you wouldnt even know it was his son. he looks just like his mother! that really pissed me off. i dont want him to be around ever either. his name makes me cringe. i tried and tried. but if its not there, its not there. what can you do? you dont have to love them. im not gonna be mean but im not gonna pretend that there is all this love when there clearly isnt. i dont even want him to touch me. i just think outta sight outta mind. if hes not under our roof i dont want to hear about him, or i dont ask about him. i could care less. and yeah we knew they had kids when we met them, but when we met them the kid didnt visit every summer. and i married him because i loved him not his son. we dated for over a year before he brought his son around. not because he didnt want me to meet him but because he didnt come to texas. she wouldnt bring him and my husband who was my boyfriend at the time couldnt afford to get him. now that we started our little family all of a sudden its mandatory that he comes every damn summer. ugh.

so unfortunatley they cant go away. but we always have this place to come and vent and not feel alone when we are thinking all these mean crazy thoughts!!! YOU ARE NOT ALONE. haha. hang in there. Wink

what-was-I-thinking's picture

You are not alone!! You cant help how you feel. I cant stand my ss9!!! I hate even saying that he is MY ss!! I usually say my DH kid. The PITA is here for the WHOLE summer & I totally resent him for that. To top it all off his dumbass BM chose not to send his ADHD meds that we paid for! I pushed & pushed for DH to get the paternity test & when he finally got it, I prayed & prayed that it would come back as negative!!!! I HATE coming home from working all day & going to school until 10pm just to see his grubby little face watching TV in the living room or even playing video games. I refuse to go on the pick up/drop off meetings, the less I see of that dumbass hillbilly BM the better. If you werent prego I would advise you to invest in a huge bottle of vodka/rum/tequila. I guess you could always go for Ben & Jerrys!!! Good Luck & remember we are all a mouse click away!!!

bunnyone's picture

This is EXACTLY how I feel! I am 9 months pregnant about to give birth any day now and all I can think about is how f*cking annoying it's going to be when SS comes over every other weekend (or whenever dumb & dumber DH & BM decide is a good time). If anyone compares my son to that little brat I don't know how I will prevent myself from going off on them about it, especially because SS has his BMs huge fat cheeks and looks nothing like DH on top of the fact that neither of them actually parent the kid and he is not taught manners or right from wrong and gets everything he wants. It's disgusting. I will at least do myself and my child a favor by not letting him grow up to think the f*cking world revolves around him and he can act out however he pleases. I can't wait until the day it's so blatantly obvious that my son is so much more behaved and respectful than SS will ever be.

I especially cringe when people refer to my baby as his "brother". Ugh. I can already see him acting out because he wants to be the center of attention and even doing something to hurt the baby because he already hits people and hits our animals. Let me tell you how fast I will flip if anything like that EVER happens! I just wish DH would at least grow up and actually act like a parent instead of enabling his devil spawn to just terrorize the house.