You are here

Honest Poll: if you knew then would you have stuck around?

is it just me...'s picture

Honest answer - if you knew when you met your SO/DH/DW what you know now - would you have stuck around?

ItHasGottenBetter's picture

Hell NO.

Teas83's picture

This^^^^^

ETA: This is actually a tough call. I hate all the baggage that my husband brought into my life in regards to BM/GBM/SD. But he also gave me my little girl. I love her more than anything and I couldn't imagine my life without her.

I was tempted to say no to this question, but I really don't know after I weighed the good with the bad.

Kat67's picture

Nope not a chance in hell. What a helluva a life lesson is right! I still have a few more to learn as I am still in it but I am working on it and hoping it will be lessons learned soon! Damn I used to be brave and outspoken LOL working on gettin' that back too ha!

QueenBeau's picture

Not at all, I would hve walked away the first time DH hit on me & never fell in love.

kathc's picture

Nope. No way, I have it WAY easier than most on here but I'd still have bolted if I had any idea what hell it would be.

Tuff Noogies's picture

ditto. u stated it better than i could have, but your words are also exactly how i feel Smile

SecondGeneration's picture

Yes, but then our situation is non drama so honestly cannot say I blame any of you that say no having read some of your stories!

lillfiredog's picture

Not a chance. The way that DH treated the SS's compared to my kids.... I should have run that first weekend of the kids visitation. I love DH, I don't love his ballless attitude with his boys and the BM.

zerostepdrama's picture

No. Because I never would have willingly put myself and my BS into some b.s and the stress and drama, etc.

However, for the most part we have pushed through the majority of the b.s. and dont have to deal with much, so we are in a "good" place right now.

justanothergurlNJ's picture

ABSOFUCKINGLUTLEY NOT. NADA NEVER NOT IN THE LIFE TIME OR ANY OTHER, NOT FOR ALL THE MONEY OR FAME. NOTHING COULD EVER MAKE WANT TO DO THIS IF I KNEW IT WOULD BE THE CLUSTER FUCK IT HAS ALL TURNED INTO.

stepinafrica's picture

No.

SMLIFESUCKS's picture

NO!!! I love our daughter but NO. I'm pretty sure that's why DH didn't introduce me to his kids, ex, or family before we had been dating a year.

I think DH expected me to run for the hills. I was already in love by that point. Pfft, I should have run anyways.

I do love DH but the drama is too much for me. Of course he could say the same, my exh is a total drama queen but my kids dont do him like his do me.

loveandfitness's picture

Posted the exact same question a few months ago wondering if it was just me. I love DH, but quite honestly if i had known before what i know now, id have given him a while to resolve and if it didn't, i'd have left. But now being married with a son, it makes it so much harder to give that ultimatum.

One Step Back's picture

No chance. I love my baby girl to bits and wouldn't be without her, but I would never have chosen this life.