You are here

First therapist visit to discuss skids!!!

TheLadyTremaine's picture

So DH and I have been to a few couple's counselors before but never really talked much about skids. Things have gotten so bad with me being completely disengaged and them being rude to me that Mr. Head-in-the-sand himself actually suggested we see someone about the blended family stuff.

He has been seeing a therapist one on one for a few months now. Immediately after watching a recent episode of Dr. Phil in which the Dr. harshly calls out a stepfather for telling his SD that he hates her, DH makes an appointment for us to talk to his current therapist together about skids. LOL. In a way, I'm looking forward to this. Assuming this therapist knows what she's doing, I think he's in for a big surprise.

The appt is tomorrow. Has anyone ever seen their SO's therapist before and if so, did it back fire? Any tips or advice for this visit?

Some background...I've never hurt the skids and only once in 5 years have I said anything the least bit inappropriate in front of them. I did nearly everything (planning activities, buying gifts, laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc.) for them when they were with us for years. This summer, I had enough of being unappreciated and even blamed for problems in the skids lives so I disengaged.