You are here

Final Cut-off for BM and the skids too

Redsonya's picture

I have a couple Kindle Fires and bought SD18 a Kindle last year - just because I am nice (and stupid) like that. I have hundreds of books and movies that I've collected over the past couple years on it and I have Amazon Prime so you get free books and movies.

DH gave SS13 my account info so that he could download stuff onto his smart phone (that DH bought him while not contributing a cent to actual bills). I just went into my account to set up my step dad's Kindle for him and noticed that there were several books that I know I never bought. Books about Portia DeRossi's eating disorder?, romance novels (puke), and a couple Nicolas Sparks books - nothing that a 13 year old would read. SS18 doesn't have my account info or a Kindle anymore. I figured out that SS13 gave BM my account info so that she could read my books on her smart phone. BM decided to go ahead and charge several books of her own to my account (which I will be disputing). Because SS13 has been here on the weekends, I bet he has access to my movie account, Netflix, and other entertainment accounts.

I just went in and changed my password to ALL of my accounts to something along the lines of "adios, brats!" That takes care of that. I don't feel at all bad about suspending SS13's smart phone account for 90 days now.

just.his.wife's picture

Not sure about the kindle/books. But with netflix you have to remove devices (in your acct settings) otherwise... even though you change the password... they can still use it. Change pw, remove all devices, add your devices back in.

herewegoagain's picture

The nerve some freaking people have...geez! Ah, change your passwords, lock them out! Heck, I'd take the darn thing back!

boots415's picture

I'd call the cops and see if there's anything they can do. It doesn't matter if SS gave her the password or not. That's fraud!

bi's picture

what a stupid bitch. i wonder if she expected you to never notice? or did she think if you did, you would never know it was her? i would be kicking some asses over this, for sure. let us know if she ends up having to pay like she should.

StepDoormat's picture

Something similar happened to me too! But, that's not enough! I hope you come back and read this:

On your Netflix, Amazon, Vudu, Playstation - whatever... you actually have to go in an deactivate the devices that they are registered with. For a period of time (in my case, months), they will still work - even though you changed the password. Trust me. Wink