You are here

Crazy!

pinklove0015's picture

The break up is much easier this time (we broke up every few weeks for a year) He has me blocked on everything and is leaving me alone and not bothering me so it's much easier. I believe this break up is for the best and needed to happen. He did not love me or care about my children at all from the very start I will tell you the whole story in a nutshell:

When my ex and I were together a month I went to a wedding with my best friend, we took a picture at the wedding nothing inappropriate and he said that was cheating. So after the wedding he decided to stay with me, but he made everything hell for the year we were together. He made me block every friend of the opposite gender that I had. and would snoop through my phone (of course he would find nothing because I was doing nothing). He even put a cell phone tracker on my phone so he knew were I was all the time, he made me create a new facebook. I did everything he asked and it still wasn't good enough and he continued to accuse me of cheating. If a friend texted me or made contact he would have to know about it and if I didn't tell him it was considered cheating to him. NO matter what I did it just wasn't right.

His kid was awful worst kid I ever met and I love kids. He chewed my sons gameboy cartridge and my ex made excuses saying he has anxiety. He would jump on my son from stairs and jump on him to try to hurt him. The kid never said please or thank you. He acted very entitled. HE would constantly try to get my son in trouble. HE would ask my son for a high five and then move his hand back so my son would accidently hit him and he would run and say daddy daddddyyyyyyyy! Anthony just hit me. He used to hide my sons cell phone just so he couldn't use it. One time the kid even hid his own game console remote and blamed it on my son, and my ex took his sons side and then the kid admitted to hiding it himself. The kid even threatened to hit me, he used to hit my ex all the time, and the child is 10 and my ex still had to wash him. The kid has nothing he has clothes to small for him.

He would constantly say his child was my responsibility because I got involved with him and he had a kid. He wanted me to be the built in babysitter, cook and clean for him and he do absolutely nothing. I stayed with him and got a place with him because I thought it would stop his trust and insecurity issues. It didn't he still kept accusing me of cheating on him constantly. HE complained because I had no relationship with his son. Everytime we broke up he would say he would go get help and that he needed it and he never would go.

I think if we did therapy it might have made the relationship work, and I think if he set rules for his kid rather than let him get away with everything I would have wanted a relationship with the child. But why am I going to want a relationship with a child who is rude, disrespectful, and mean to my child, why am I going to want to babysit a child who is like that? Turns out we broke up and this time he is leaving me alone and not trying to talk to me like all the other times because he has moved on and found someone else and is looking...I think it is funny because he always accused me of cheating but he was the cheater. HE already is looking and has a gf and has the new girl moving in. It usually goes that way though, the one who is accusing the other is the cheater. He def did not love me and only used me for what he could get, because he moved on so fast. If you love someone you don't move on right away and look for something else. He always accused me of not being loyal and faithful, its funny because I was the loyal and faithful person, you don't see me dating anyone or looking!

tog redux's picture

OP, can I suggest that you get some therapy? It might help you figure out why it's so hard for you to let go of an abusive relationship, and how to avoid getting in one in next time.

pinklove0015's picture

I am def over it, I am more mad at myself for allowing the abuse. I never said I was looking for a relationship.

tog redux's picture

I don't mean to be snarky at all - but all of these posts indicate that you are not over it. You seem to want to reassure yourself that what he's done is awful and wrong (it is).  And you continue to consider whether therapy might have helped, etc. 

I'm not judging you - abusive relationships are hard to end because that toxic pull is powerful and it's usually based on unresolved childhood stuff. 

While you may not be looking now for a relationship, I assume you will be in the future. So perhaps therapy can help you stop focusing on how awful he is, but on why you kept giving him chance after chance.

Please don't hear this as judgy, I would say the same to a friend.

SteppedOut's picture

OP, I agree.

I say this as someone that has been in more than one abusive relationship.

Lndsy747's picture

I agree with Tog I think your hurt and angry because he's moved on but based on your comments about how it could have worked with therapy I think you'd potentially cave if he was pushing you again. 

I don't think there's much chance that couples therapy would be productive. He needs individual therapy which he's refused to get. 

If venting here is working that's great but I agree that going to therapy yourself could be useful.

pinklove0015's picture

No I really could care less that he has moved on good for him. I am mad at myself because I wasted my time, I even got rid of my bedroom furniture to move in with him. I am not happy that I had to move out of my apartment and he got to keep it.

caitlinj's picture

I am going to be very honest with you and you might not like it. You two should've never gotten back together. Some lines were crossed on both of your parts that were unrepearable that you cannot go back from. Let this be a learning lesson for the future and move forward. Therapy might be a a good start for you personally as long as your are honest with the therapist and yourself.

pinklove0015's picture

I do not believe I am at fault at all, and no lines were crossed on my part. Hes the one that needs the therapist. 

pinklove0015's picture

getting mad because a person goes to a wedding with their best friend and takes a picture is not considered cheating in my book, Nobody should have to give up their friends for a relationship unless the friend is being rude and disrespecting the relationship.