You are here

Stupid me thinking things will change!

pinklove0015's picture

My boyfriend promised me again that that things will change with his son. Now I actually feel bad for the child because he is the way he is because of his father. The kiddo has no choice in how he is raised and if he isn't getting taught he isn't going to know any better. My boyfriend is the problem I believe. I am so stupid because I keep staying with him. He doesn't trust me and calls me a liar constantly and blames it on me. Here is how it all started.

Back in July we were together I went to a wedding with a friend. Totally platonic. My friend is handicapped and has cerebral palsy, so do not understand why my boyfriend is threatened by him. We took a picture at the wedding of his head on my shoulder and my boyfriend claims that was cheating. All he does is call me a liar and a cheater. He always accuses me of lying and cheating. I hung out with my sister on Halloween, we ordered chinese food, and my boyfriend insisted there were "boys" over (boys his word not mine) when it was literally just me and my sister. He thinks I am going out on a double date with my sister on her birthday because I am going to a hockey game with her. Its ridiculous, he even has a tracker on my phone. He claims I am a liar a cheater, and a little girl. He has verbally abused me in front of my son has called me white trash, a w*ore and the C*nt in front of my seven year old child. 

He even told me I am not part of his family and that I come last. Of course his son comes first thats a given.But he says I come last, what should I do? 

tog redux's picture

Really? Do you really need us to tell you what to do? This guy is abusive, get out of there fast, before he starts physically abusing you.

twoviewpoints's picture

They don't live together.  

Why anyone who would date a man who treats her this way and/or calls her names (whether her child is present or not) is beyond me.

Dating is where one tries out a potential partner. This one is a toss back and go try elsewhere kind . 

But until Pink decides he's a loser and she is ready to value herself and her children more than this jerk, and dumps his *ss, blocks his phone and moves on from the mistake she made in dating the jerk in the first place.... this will be her present and future.

She is still in the dating stage, no need to pack and leave nor have these dramatic fights. Just needs to stop chasing him and answering her phone if he calls her. 

beebeel's picture

He's abusive and also likely cheating on you. Your son should never hear his mom spoken to that way. Do you want him growing up and treating his gfs this way? You need to leave. Today.

notarelative's picture

When someone shows you how they are, believe them. Your boyfriend has shown you that he does not approve of you having friends and being with your family. If you stay with him expect him to keep complaining until you sever ties with friends and family. And when you do that expect him to complain about the postman, the UPS guy, the clerk at the nearby store, etc.

Boyfriend has told you that you come last. Believe that he means it. No matter what you do, he will always find a way to complain about it.

What should you do? My advice would be to call the local abused spouse hotline and talk to them. Ask for a referral to a counselor. You need help getting the strength to leave and stay away from this guy. 

ndc's picture

This one is easy.  You leave him, and you never look back.  No good can come from staying in this relationship.  You are not your BF's priority, he is not nice to you, and he is either ridiculously insecure or he's cheating on you.  I can't come up with a single reason you should stay with him.

susanm's picture

You can't be serious.  You don't live with him and are not dependent on him for anything.  Why is this even a question?  Take the "tracker" off of your phone (good grief!), send him a text saying to never ever contact you again (he sounds like he is 2 inches away from getting physically violent and frankly if you are even asking this question you might take him back if you actually talk to him), and if he shows up do not hesitate to call the police.  Get a PFA if necessary.  And get some therapy to find out why you have put up with this kind of treatment before hooking up with another guy who is going to treat you like this.  Crazy possessive jealousy is not, repeat not, the way healthy men show love!

Lndsy747's picture

Get out! I've been in a relationship before where I was constantly accused of cheating. It's awful! Your boyfriend is controlling and emotionally abusive find someone that deserves you. If not for your then for your kid.

thinkthrice's picture

married to one of these.  Pure projection.  Get out before you get an STD and/or fists start flying.

hereiam's picture

"My boyfriend is the problem I believe. I am so stupid because I keep staying with him. He doesn't trust me and calls me a liar constantly and blames it on me."

"He claims I am a liar a cheater, and a little girl. He has verbally abused me in front of my son has called me white trash, a w*ore and the C*nt in front of my seven year old child."

Really? You need advice on what you should do?

Healyourslf's picture

Dump the abusive jerk NOW. NOW. NOW. This is brazen emotional abuse and control.  He is tearing you down and you are willing to accept the crumbs he may throw out just to string you along.  Are you that starved for any attention/affection that you are willing to compromise your self respect and mental health as well as your son's well-being?  This guy has BIG problems that may compound into physical abuse.  Listen to your own words and everyone else on here and stop wasting energy.  Don't prolong the inevitable - the abuse will only escalate if you wait. 

I also agree that you should find out why you are even remotely attracted to a man who would treat you this way.  Do the inner work and figure out your patterns before you repeat the same lesson in relationship.  What broken part of you accepts this sort of treatment from anybody?  

Remember "the boy who cried wolf?"  If you continue to cry "wolf" and do nothing, others will just grow weary and apathetic to your complaining.  You're going to find yourself in a dire and dangerious situation and think, "why didn't I listen?" THE CHOICE IS YOURS...ALWAYS HAS BEEN. 

Disneyfan's picture

Are you serious?  I really need to ask a bunch of strangers what to do?

The man treats you like yesterday's trash and you don't know what to do.

Please let this be a joke.

Anon9876's picture

Leave. No reason to stay with someone that treats you this way. It is only going to get worse and cause more harm than good. He shouldn't be an example to your son on how a man should act or to his own son for tgat matter. This man has issues, that much is clear and no amount of persistence on your end is going to change him.

Merry's picture

Agree with the others -- you need to leave this relationship. Maybe it would help if you had a plan, though. Your boyfriend is abusive and has you doubting yourself, so what looks obvious to us ("leave him") might not be obvious to you because you can't see the crazy when you're inside of it.

Contact a women's shelter or other services for domestic abuse for assistance. Please, make that phone call and tell them what is going on and ask for help. Please, please.

futurestepmom95670's picture

I was in a very similar situation. I had a (now ex) SO that consistenly accused me of cheating, lying, and I was always plotting against him. Everything I told him I needed in the relationship was just me trying to control him. I had to spend less time with my supportive, caring, and understanding family, while we continued to associate with his toxic mother, deliberately manipulative daughter, and alcoholic father every chance we had. Not saying my family is perfect, but certainly more worthy of our time than his. But it was always about what he wanted, when he wanted it, and when it came to my needs and wants, he blew them off. If I expressed I was unhappy, it was because I was "talking to other dudes." If I tried to break up, it was because I'm a "lying, cheating, whore." If I asked him to spend less time around the toxic people in his life, I was "controlling and miserable." 

Things escalated for me. I found myself being dragged down a hallway because I demanded that he stick up for me after his mother texted him "I don't understand why you can't shake yourself of that woman." Skinned knee, broken earring, but mostly just in shock. He immediately hugged me and apologized, but that's how it always was. Do what he wanted and ask forgiveness later, instead of stopping himself in the situation and putting me and my happiness first. 

I also escalated to something I know I am not. When begging and pleading didn't work to get him to stick to his promises and put me first, I started demanding it and threatening it. I would park my car behind his so he couldn't leave me to go see his daughter on our anniversary. I would physically block the doorway, or threaten to show up at his mom's house. It wasn't me, and I was becoming a monster. I read an article about how Narcissists will make you crazy AKA "Crazy Maker."  https://www.yourtango.com/experts/ph-d-sherrie-campbell/help-i-am-relati... . It really resonated with me, because I was becoming something I didn't want to be. He was purposely making me resentful of his daughter as a control mechanism. He was letting his mom walk all over me so I'd get upset. And he was even trying to guilt trip me into fixing his past mistakes...i.e. having a child out of wedlock with a horrible BM, where neither parent is teaching their kid to be responsible, respectful, or have boundaries - I was supposed to fix all that. Or he didn't pay property taxes for 8 years while blowing all of his money on booze...but I'm supposed to get him out of that mess. 

Here's what I learned after I left. I am not controlling, miserable, or not loyal. In fact, I am all of those things...I was those things before I met him, and after I met him, but he was trying to deflect how horribly he treated me by discounting me, my feelings, and my family. I had $10,000 in savings before I met him and was paying my student loans off triple my minimum payment every month. I was performing well at work. I had a great group of friends. I still have those things, luckily, but I found them slipping more and more over time. It's best for me (and you) to cut our losses, and let these idiots be someone else's problem. 

It's been hard. Sometimes I go back thinking things will change. They won't. He will be the same for the next woman he dates. She may have lower standards for herself and how she is treated, but I deserve better. Even if that means being single. I'm still working through those feelings, but I know it's better to get out now, instead of telling myself two or three years from now "I should have left years ago." It's hard, but it's for the best. Find a way, especially for your son.

futurestepmom95670's picture

I moved out about 4 months ago, and I've been fully rid of him for 2 months. Its hard, and it sucks, because we're normal and when we love someone we don't want to lose them. But these guys aren't normal. They're insecure, manipulative, and selfish...a combination which makes someone incapable of loving us like we deserved to be loved.

pinklove0015's picture

The problem is I have no support, to get through this. Do you still miss him or are you more happy now?

Rags's picture

There is no choice in this situation. Call the locksmith, rekey the locks, put his shit on the curb and move on with your life with his shallow and polluted gene pool fading in your rearview mirror.

Congratulations on starting your new life adventure!

Take care of you and your child.