You are here

Cps confidentiality

drama13's picture

We are being investigated by child services for our pitbull. She is not vicious, the bm is just trying to stir things up. My question is can the cps worker provide my husbands phone number to the bm? He changed it due to harassment from the bm (we are actually going to court over this). The cps worker called me today to set up a home visit and mentioned she could not get a hold of my husband. I told her she had his old number. She asked for the new one and I gave it to her assuming she would have no reason to blab it to bm. 5 min later my husband gets a text from bm " I can't believe you didn't give me your new phone number etc...."WHY in hell would the cps worker call her for 1, #2 why are you giving out phone numbers? ALSO, the cps worker is from another county. Wouldn't we have one from ours? The bm, us, and the kids are all in the same county! Just sounds fishy.

doll faced sm's picture

Fishy, indeed.

Call CPS to verify that this is real. If it is, explain that the worker gave out your number that was changed due to harassment that has now resumed.

Totally unprofessional.

Orange County Ca's picture

I would call the agents supervisor if I were your husband. Husband should not insist on a new agent however - let this incident work in his favor because now the agent "owes" him one.

derb84123's picture

yeah, report that- they are not supposed to give any of that information out. As far as the counties, some counties overlap based on funding issues.