You are here

contempt of court re visitation

Calypso1977's picture

how many times does it take being in contempt of court before the court will either fine a person and/or threaten jail time?

BM repeatedly is denying visitation to my fiance. it has happened the past 4 visits and we expect it to continue indefinitely. authories are called each time to document for purposes of building a contempt claim. There have been numerous refusals in the past, but he's only recently begun to formally document them with the authorities (although he has documented the past occurences on his own through email, etc.)

also does any order exist that can actually FORCE the visitation to happen? one would think the court order was enough, btu clearly BM can choose to follow it or not and it seems like there isnt much recourse to my fiance other than to repeatedly document.

Calypso1977's picture

they are in the middle of custody battle right now...i believe they will be filing a contempt for this next week wehn other motions are being heard.

his plan is to file on his own once "settlement" is reached but has been advised to file several at a time because judges dont like to hear contempt motions for just one denied visit.

and yes, the CO is crystal clear on visitation with regard to his days and times.

onthefence2's picture

I have also been told file every time instead of letting them pile up. The judge will be sick of seeing you and be more likely to do something.