You are here

Contempt Of Court

Sunnydays's picture

My husband hasn't seen his child in 2 months because the BM is a total Bitch and has been withholding visitaions... Last night DH calls wanting to see him and the mother says "no, go on about your life! He doesn't even call you daddy anymore!" ... It hurt my heart, but even though my husband doesn't say much of course it hurt him more.... We've hired a new lawyer (b/c we weren't getting anything done with the old one who told us it would be 4 months before we could actually get into court after telling us we were suppose to go last Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)--

- The new lawyer is filing contempt of court charges against the BM and I was just wondering if anyone knows what the punishment would be for this! I would love to see the bitch go to jail,but that's highly unlikely in this town I think.... Thanks!

Anon2009's picture

She might get jail time, have to pay a fine, or pay DH's legal fees. You really need to document everything relating to BM. It really depends on the judge.

You might also want to consider asking for court-mandated counseling for your stepkid.

Sunnydays's picture

Thank You.... We actually have it on a recording of the phone conversation last night (lawyer recommended) and I think Counseling is a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL ideal..... BM doesn't have to agree?