You are here

BM treats SS9 like he's her car....

aharris72's picture

DF (fiance) and BM have 50/50 joint custody. Why then must DF "ask" constantly for time with SS9?

Any conversation that they have had (via text or email) you can literally remove the childs name and insert "car" and the sentences work perfectly.

Example:

DF: I'd like to have (the) car on November 7th and 8th for my wedding.
BM: I have travel plans that weekend.

DF: I'd like to have (the) car for the week of the 18th to the 27th for my court order summer parenting time.
BM: You can't have (the) car for those dates, as I already have plans for it beginning the 25th.

Just a rant. A child is not a piece of property.

AllySkoo's picture

Regarding the first example, you've got to plan things you guys want him for for weekends you have him. Regarding the second, why the hell is he ASKING for his court ordered time? TELL HER that he's taking SS for these dates per the court order. If she refuses, document and tell her you're documenting her violation of the court order for a future court date.

SugarSpice's picture

divorced fathers are often too cowardly to ask for court ordered time. they are such timid whimps.

divorce has takene their testicles away. no surprise on this.

hereiam's picture

That's funny. I mean, it's not but....

Why is your DH asking for his COURT ORDERED time? He should be telling her, "Have (the) car cleaned and waxed, I'll be over to get it on the 18th."

Orange County Ca's picture

Some people, considering the complex legalities involved, think they should speak in a type of legalese.

aharris72's picture

Thank you everyone for your comments. I love this place.

Regarding the first example....

The co parenting plan states that any major family event, BM is to make alowances for and trade days. We scheduled the wedding to coordinate with our two older boys coming home on leave - one directly from afghanistan.

Regarding the second example....

DF wrote exactly that out. That he would pick up ss9 on the 15th and return him on the 25th before 8 am. He requested it in writing, in line with the co parenting plan.

Yesterday BM, through her attorney claims that at some point DF gave up his summer parenting time and is therefore not entitled to request it.

Of course any deviation from the parenting plan has to be in writing. Which this is not.

What is in writing are the numerous, various requests to have the co time with ss9. Each time she says no, we regroup, replan and ask for different days.

Yes, DF has been very meek with his dealing with BM. I think he's genuinely been afraid of what she will do. Thankfully he's gotten a fabulous attorney and it will be addressed Monday.