You are here

BM calls at 10:30 can't handle SS

LindsayJ's picture

Last night BM calls DH saying SS wanted to go to neighbors house and she said no he needed to come home and shower. He started screaming an crying and kicking her. So she calls DH for help. He tries to help her but she says SS kicked her when she tried to give him the phone. DH asks if she wants us to come get him. She responds with "he doesn't wanna come to your house he never wants to" in a snotty tone of voice. So I said loudly "so she can't control her own child and has to call you for help and wants to be a bitch??" He says shhhh I said "no you should hang up on her and let her deal with it then". She decides she wants us to come get him. I get him home ask him if he wants a bath or shower he says shower. So I say come on and take a shower...he does. Omg I'm exhausted after that I mean it took so much work!! Come on BM really?? You can't control your kid and you're pregnant and think you can do it with two kids?? Hahahhahaha what a woman an the mother of the year award goes to!! To beat all it was 10:30 at night!! And by the time we met her to get him it was after 11 which meant it was midnight when we got here and him bathed and in bed it was almost 1 am!! But he had to be bathed. His hair smelled like pee and cigarettes. He's 4 years old!! He does not need to be out that late at night.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

If she can't control her kid, maybe she shouldn't have custody of him. If BM ever called DH about not being able to handle one of the skids, he's laugh in her face. "You created the monster, you deal with it!"

Oh, my skids smell like pee and cigarettes too. Lovely, isn't it?

TASHA1983's picture

Same here Ghost...Skid lives with BM and FDH gets him (when he doesnt blow FDH off) EOWE & 2 hours every Wedn sooo yeah FDH would be saying the same thing..."He's with you so YOU DEAL WITH IT!" ENJOY! Wink

LindsayJ's picture

Well we're taking any chance we get to take him out of her care. Since she obviously can't handle him. And yes it's a lovely smell he loves the clothes I buy him and he always wants to take them to his mommys house so I have let him I just make sure DH tells her I expect them back when we pick him up. Every time the boots came back broken and so did the jacket. So that stopped but they always came back smelling horrible!! Even when she said she washed them. And this is not the first time. She calls him almost every week sayin she can't handle him.

LindsayJ's picture

Yea!! Agreed. DH said last night she has problems I sai Idc she laid down to make the kid she should deal with the responsibility of bein a parent or she should let you have custody!! There's no reason to neglect a 4 year old bc you're too dumb to be a mother!!

misSTEP's picture

"Since you are chronically unable to handle our son, I am sure you will sign off on the custody papers so we can get that switched."

sc12's picture

Well at least you could go get him and give him the care he needed. BM sounds alot like mine but mine just doesnt bath him at all. and she lives 8 hours aways so we rarely get him. The bathing is so bad he has craddle cap. ss is 5 years old how ridiculous is that. And everytime i get him i have to find a way for him not to be afraid of the drain (cause it will suck him in) and get him to take a bath. So lately i have him help me give his baby brother a bath and he asks to get in cause he sees how much fun jis 1 year old brother is having. Whats worse is he has exzima. So i give you major props on getting the ss and putting taking care of him.

LindsayJ's picture

Wow!! It's horrible that people like that can reproduce!! So ungrateful and selfish!! Why have a child if you're not willing to take the time to care for them how they need! I'm so sorry he lives tht far away from you!! He needs someone to take better care of him and sounds like you'd do a much better job at it!! Makes it that much harder on us SM's when we get SK's.

msg1986's picture

Bm used to do this, when Ss wouldn't listen to her she'd call Dh and tell him, "you're son isn't listening to me!" and then Dh would get on the phone and try to scold ss (then 3) over the phone.. it was all so stupid to me. I felt like Bm should be responsible enough to parent Ss when he was with her.

Thankfully though Dh doesn't answer phone calls from Bm anymore (text/email only) now because of multiple issues so she doesn't get the chance to do it which is really nice. She needs to parent ss on her own time. Dh would never call her to ask for her to scold Ss. I almost feel like some Bm's do it just to have a reason to call and interfer with their ex's time.

LindsayJ's picture

Well we're goin to take her to court so this is ammunition unfortunately for SS. Hopefully the judge will see it as the rest of us do. He's ether off with us! I wish DH would stop answering er calls but I doubt that will ever happen.

Thursdaysarethebestdays's picture

BM did this once, DH and I had been together for about 6 months, he got a call at 9:45pm on a Saturday saying "your son, who was 4 at the time, is in the swimming pool and he keeps shooting the water gun at people who are walking by even though I told him to stop. Can you please talk to him?"

I sat there with my mouth wide open as skid got on the phone and DH attempted to scold him.

First, why is your 4 yr old son still in the swimming pool at 9:45pm (later on we found out they had been staying in an extended stay motel, so this was a community pool and who knows what was going on at that time of night).

But more importantly, when did the 4 year old become the adult in the situation? How hard is it to take the water gun away? If he continues to act out, leave the pool and put him to bed.

After that, I told DH, it might sound crazy, but if that ever happens again, we are going to have a problem. Now his motto is "when they're with you, EOWE, you handle them and when they are with me, we will handle them".