You are here

Bitter Sweet Beating the odds

StepKat's picture

DH and I will be celebrating our 5th year wedding anniversary tomorrow. Apparently 62% of second marriage end up in divorce, over a third within the first 5 years. DH and I have beaten the 5 year statistic. We are excited! Sadly, he has drill starting tomorrow and won't be back until late Sunday night. We are going to go out to eat Monday night after his class as our celebration. He feels bad about having to miss our anniversary but I'm not mad at him or anything. I know he has to go to drill. However, to make up for tomorrow he set me up an account on JustFab.com and told me to pick out a pair of shoes that I really like and that will be his anniversary gift to me. He spoils me so much Smile I found a very cute pair of shoes and can't wait for them to arrive and I can wear them while we go out on a date.

StepKat's picture

HollowPoints, SOOOO true!!!! LOL

I think I finally got a system setup that he can see things I like. I have a Pinterest account and I pin a lot of clothes, shoes, jewelry, etc that I like. I had him make an account and follow me. Now he can see everything I like (hint, hint for him). He saw the shoes I was pinning so he came up with the idea of having me pick a pair of shoes off of JustFab. He is a smart cookie Smile

StepKat's picture

Pinning what you like on Pinterest for your DH to see is so much better than trying to drop hints here and there around the house or while at the mall }:)

Orange County Ca's picture

What is he going to drill? Practicing for something? Mmmmmm? Just asking.

I'm sure you'll continue to beat the statistics - it sounds like he's a real keeper. Congrats.

StepKat's picture

Drill is when those in the Army National Guard do their weekend training with their army unit once a month.