You are here

anyone from Minesota

Gmama's picture

I'm looking for anyone that has modified child support or has tried to modify with the new law? my hubby's order was just a year old in may, but the county screwed up so bad on it that its actually sad that they got away with the way the calculated it. we were told you had to wait a year, but i'm worried that being it is still "new" that they wont even look at it, and he's talking about hiring a lawyer to help him fill it out correctly so the county does it right, also is there such a thing as over paying the BM if they would realize they screwed up last time? we paid her over 8 grand this past year and they didnt base it on his actual w-2 forms they went by what his previous job title was and caluclated it at THAT jobs income in 05 and part of 06, what a joke.would love any help or advice?

smurfy1smile's picture

I got both my CS orders change before the new law came into effect. I do know that either way when setting a brand new order they use a couple years worth of income and average it out. The only ways that I know that the county will look into changing a current order is if the income of of either parent has changed dramatically - ie one parent goes on disability - or if one parent has huge medical bills. Have you looked at the calculator onine, to see what the estimate would be now? That might help you a little. PM me if you need anymore help.

Gmama's picture

thanks for the info, we are stuck with this new law, and it almost seems like no one knows what the hell they are doing. the BM worked for 10 years when they were together making 13.00 an hour, she does not work now, they did not imput her previous income and set her support at minimum wage, but yet they told my husband that if he would quit his job or take a lower paying job it wouldnt matter because hes capable of making this much, then his atourney thought they had handed in everything that was asked from them in court and when we got the final order they had my husband down as sole ownwer of his business which on his k-1 document they could see he is 1/3 owner of this business, and they were missing a corp. tax return from the business ( which his lawyer and him thought was his k-1 info.) so the judge went off of what they thought he could make which is 80,000 a year instead of his actual w-2 forms,( believe me he does not make 80,000 a year, what a fricken joke, he filed an appeal to have this stuff changed, they denyed his appeal request, they didnt even change his job involvement
i thought for sure they change his ownership with this mess.
i'm so lost i feel like this is so un fair and nobody is doing a damn thing to fix this. he's not trying to get out of paying but right now he pays 80% of his sons living expences and she's suppose to pay 20, his son lives out of state so he gets to see him 7 maybe 8 weeks totls out of the whole year. WOW is all i can say