You are here

Another day, yet another minor annoyance...

kara.cali's picture

SD lives with BM 5 days a week. We have SD 2 days a week. Is it necessary for BM to send cards and letters in the mail to SD at our address? I feel like she does this to insert her presence in our nest since she can't be there "in-person". And really, what can we say? Please STOP mailing cards to your daughter?? I mean, why not tuck a note in her suitcase OR mail her a card to your own address! Maybe I'm being petty, wouldn't be the first-time, but I find this habit SO annoying!!!

I guess I'm lucky there is no MAJOR dysfunction in our blended-family scenario. Just lots and lots of minor annoyances! What little things annoy you?

Smile

TheWife's picture

Oh, I don't know, the fact that she breathes...

"If it sounds like I think I am better than you, it's because I do."

TheWife's picture

LOL, nah...

I don't actually mind BM these days, she is just a minor blip on my radar. But seeing as how this is a step parent site, I try to go with the BM hating flow lol.

"If it sounds like I think I am better than you, it's because I do."

StepChicka's picture

The lil' devil in me suggests you send SD flowers while SD's at her mom's. Wink

How does your husband feel about the cards? If he's bothered by it then he can approach BM about it but then she might send twice as many cards as before...lol

Yes, biomom is making her presence known. You can settle with the fact that its her insecurity and ignore it. Or, take your own suggestion and start leaving little notes in SDs books or her coat pockets. She doesn't see you guys near as much as biomom so I'm sure she'd love finding little cards from her dad and you.

starfish's picture

kara.cali --- petty?? yes... but do i completely understand? absolutely.. i would be equally pissed....

a while back my mil would always mail shit to skids at MY house(literally the house i just bought) -- never at the old house.... never to bm's house... made me MAD MAD MAD! eventually all the shit she sent was never delivered???? she even verified the address with me a few times..... needless to say, she doesn't mail stuff to the skids here anymore.... i have never said i'm proud of some of my actions, so no beating up starfish today..

epgr's picture

I find it VERY annoying when I say something to skids and I hear "well my mom said.. "
because I am petty and immature (so I have been told) I turn and walk away instead of saying what I really want to..
I hate hate hate when I have a new voice mail on the house phone, check it and it says "heyyy XXX and XXX its your motherrrrr, just callinnnnnn to sayyyy happyy easterrrrrr" seriously why does she have to whine it on there.. and guess what it isnt Easter, its Monday night!!
Highly annoying when skids are at their moms, we are bored, and I say, lets take our kids to the zoo, out to eat, or the mall, or anywhere and DH says thats a great idea I will call and get my kids.. oh yesss because the earth would stop spinning if we didnt make sure they were in on every single little thing we did!
I dont think the earth will come to a screeching halt if they were not there!
there are more.. but I will leave it at that for now, cuz Ellen is on and they are playing know or go.. haha