You are here

and the reward for most retarded bm goes to.....

Soon2BeSM's picture

So the story goes- BM had the SKids this weekend(as we have them full time this summer). we sent them to daycare on friday with extra clothes(she works at the daycare)...for her to change them into and such. . . now when it was the other way around, we ALWAYS washed her clothes and sent them back to her nicely- well when i look through the bag yesterday not only are all the clothes wrinkly, dirty and just shoved in the bag. there is a pair of pants in the bag....APPARENTLY she had a blow out at daycare...so they put it in a plastic bag and she sent it back to us JUST LIKE THAT! so i have my bf text her and say "i'd apprecaite it if you wash the clothes before sending them back and not put them in a plastic bag.." and she texts bakc "WELL SORRY ILL TRY TO REMEMBER THAT FOR NEXT TIME" its one thing to not wash the regular clothes (..whatever..ill do it) but to send back a pair of pants that REAKS like poop? she really needs help. . . .

kit2kat00's picture

yikes, that is nasty! I can see the mentality of "I didn't buy the clothes, so I don't care" since that was how my ex treated my BD's stuff, but she couldn't at least ask if you wanted her to rinse them out or throw them away? how unsanitary.

jccomehere's picture

THAT IS NASTY! But I think my man's BM wins the retarded award. We had their 4 yr old son the whole memorial day weekend from Friday at 6pm until Monday at 9pm. She sent ONE undershirt and ONE pair of shorts in his bag. The next weekend we only had him Sunday from 9am - 6pm. She sent 2 complete outfits! AZZ BACKWARDS.

now4teens's picture

Ladies- just some food for thought from one mother to another...

Actually, My son is mentally challenged (he has Down Syndrome)

and HE would never do the things these women do...
because he is much SMARTER than that!

Can we possibly find a less offensive word than "RETARDED" from now on?
Might I suggest (to name a few):

Stupid
Inept
Idiotic
Moronic
Dimwitted
Simple
Dense
Asinine
Brainless
Doltish

AVDetroit's picture

Nah, I got one for you. My husband convinced his ex that when you cough up phlegm when you have an upper respiratory infection its dead brain cells. She then taught this to my SS. We still don't know if anyone has ever corrected her.

violetforest's picture

got one got one, lol

after the death of my bio kids' father their step mom sent dropped off a box of clothes in our front yard during a rain store, while we were not at home. She did not provide us any notice that she was doing this. Inside there was a note that said that these were the kids clothing since I had created such a big deal over the kids getting their belongings back from "her" home. (I had asked for her to return the kid's band instrument and after not getting it for 3 months I called the attorney who sent a letter requesting the kids belongings)

Inside was also a dirty diper with shit in it, dirty clothing including underware of the kids and only two of the outfits fit the kids at the time. All the rest of the clothing was what I had sent with the kids during visits. There was no other outfits or belongings. I asked the kids if this was all the clothing that they had there and they said yes that "we always had to wear our clothing all weekend and then she would have us wash the clothes out in the sink and put them back on before we came home". I was so upset that the kids had to go through this and there was nothing that I could do about it.

I took a picture of the items and sent it to my ex's attorney, his parents along with a letter of what the kids had told me and a copy of her note. His parents continued to claim that I was making up lies and his attorney called me to say he was sorry, he let me know that he could not disclose anything even though biodad was deceased but he did tell me that our case was the hardest divorce case that he had ever had and that he was no longer willing to do custody cases. that did not make up for everything but it did help.

now4teens's picture

Livinthedream, you would be truly surprised how many people feel it's still totally appropriate to use the "R" word in public today.

I have even had occasions where they have used it while I have had my son with me and they have used it in front of him with little reagrd of his presence (yes, adults, too).

Well, let's just say, I had to "educate" them right then and there in public on the ERROR of their ways! Wink

DD10's picture

one of my children is mentally retarded.we use the "R" word frequently in my home to desensitize her and make fun of the kids who stare at her and call her names.when i do something not so bright she'll make a joke and say 'a retarded kid wouldn't have even done that mom!' then i give her the stern mom look and burst out laughing.if we are out and a kid is staring at her she'll turn to me and say 'mom i think that kid is retarded because they keep staring at me' she isn't as helpless and slow as some kids with her condition but it still hurts when she is ostrasized by uneducated jerks.
we wouldn't have to make the 'R' word a joke in our house if other ignorant little brats wouldn't use it on a regular basis in public.

kiwihelen's picture

I think that you are right about it being the perogative of the person who the term applies to - a client in a wheelchair once told me he was on a mission to rescue the word cripple }:)

I have a blind friend, who if I am particularly clumsy and trip over something, says "Who is the blind one?" Wink

now4teens's picture

But that's my point. WHY should it be acceptable in today's society at all? It's offensive. Would those same little jerks have the NERVE to callously throw the "N" word around with a group of African-American standing around?

I don't THINK so! (Because they'd know they'd get their a**es kicked!)

So WHY is it ok that people think they can use the "R" word in that same vein? Why? Because they're lazy. Get out a thesaurus. There are PLENTY of other words to use in it's place. ESPECIALLY when there are people around like MY SON who can hear it and be hurt by it. He KNOWS he's different- and it hurts him.

And THAT's when my "Mamma Bear" claws come out. And I'll call you out on it.

Like when we were at the dentist office. In a quiet waiting room. And a young teenage girl (maybe 17) and her mom were waiting, along with me and my son.

There, in conversation with her mom, she started to say about some girl she knew who was "so retarded" and "such a retard" and on and on. Well, after the 4th time, I stared at her mother, then her and then at me son, to give them the "visual clue," but then she continued on again!

Then I piped up, "Excuse me, young LADY, but I think you need to find less offensive word for your very limited vocabulary because the one you are using is quite hurtful and insulting to my son and me, in case you haven't noticed. Perhaps when you get home, you can consult a thesaurs? Do you know what that is?"

And she turned all SHADES of red.

And she looked at her mother to defend her (I was angry with her mother as well), and her mother said, "Well, you probably should apologize!"

And she did.

The point is, it becomes a habit for people. But when CONFRONTED on the issue correctly, maybe people can be taught. And I bet that young girl might think TWICE about EVER using that word again! Wink

Soon2BeSM's picture

Okay you guys have blown the whole point of the story way out of line. I'm sorry i was angry, and typing fast and used the "r" word. sorry- can we please drop it now? that was NOT the point of my story and did NOT get the reaction i was looking for...