You are here

And it gets better....

Petmom12's picture

I made a post about being a nurse working long hours due to the virus and being Irritated that DH is working from home but not picking up the slack. 

Well today I got coughed on by a positive Covid19 Patient. I Casually mentioned it to DH. Well DH wasted no time calling his boss to inform him. Why? Because DH has to go into work one day a week starting this week and DH was Dreading it. Poor baby had to Actually work ONE day a week! So now DH is Quarantine for two weeks by his boss and gets out of going into work for ONE DAY a week. 

Now I mentioned maybe he should tell BM since it’s SS weekend to come over. Nope! No way is he even Considering telling her. I mean god forbid he goes TWO whole weeks without seeing Darling SS! 

hereiam's picture

So, he is not really worried about you (or him) having Covid-19? Or he is just that irresponsible that he will take a chance on his son's health?

I hope you did not get infected.

Harry's picture

Then SK can not come over,  You must do your part in protecting the country   No SK until it's over 

ITB2012's picture

with jail time and homicide for disobeying quarantine rules, and given your profession, I'd say you are under an obligation to tell BM yourself.

(This may be the kind of behavior she herself didn't like in your DH, too.)

lieutenant_dad's picture

The only times I ever think SPs should communicate to a SP "behind the back" of their partner is when the kid is in danger.

Your SK is in danger. Tell BM. And seriously consider if your DH should really retain the title of "husband" after this.

DPW's picture

So the rules work in his favour when he doesn't want to go to work but f*ck the rules when it comes to visitation??? Really?

Petmom12's picture

having to go in ONE DAY a week to work was going to Interfere with his “yard Projects”, TV time and side Business he’s doing on his computer for extra money. 

I Actually asked him why he ran to his boss and told them that I got Exposed and he said It was the right thing to do and he would get into trouble if he did not. I called BS as HOW would they ever find out and the right thing to do is tell BM also. 

Always I HARDLY Doubt BM would even care. BM expects DH to take his visitation NO MATTER what.  SS comes over sick even when he should stay home. BM expects DH to drive in a blizzard to come get him. Last year BOTH DH and I were sick with the flu which BM knew and STILL demanded SS come over

Sandybeaches's picture

First let me say thank you for your service in caring for others!!!  It must be so difficult in this time.  Also let me say that your DH should not be putting any extra stress on you as your job is putting enough stress in your life.  I hope you are safe!!

"I HARDLY Doubt BM would even care. BM expects DH to take his visitation NO MATTER what."

I suppose since his boss quarantined him not the Health Dept or his doctor's office it is not necessarily a legal quarantine however is it is a moral quarantine.  I think I would tell DH that whether he gets mad or not.  First try it from the concerned about SS angle and if that does not work, try it from the moral you have to care about SS and others angle. 

Both BM and DH should discontinue visitation based on the fact that exposure and transmission is possible in your profession.  Also to give you peace and rest when you are home!!  

Take care of yourself!!

Petmom12's picture

I’ve tried telling DH about SS safety and coming over but DH won’t hear it. I also explained how tired and Stressed out I am and SS makes it worse. SS is rude,Disrespectful to me, Freaking Unbelievably loud 24/7. DH has been nothing to Curve any of these Behaviors in SS and will snap at me if I make a comment to DH about SS’s Behavior. 

Just this morning I asked if DH was going to make eggs( the ONE thing he can cook) hoping he would say yes or offer to cook some for me as I’m Exhausted. Nope..DH knew I wanted some as I asked but all he said is no. Oh well it was toast for me. At least Restaurants are still doing takeout when I’m too exhausted to cook. 

Rags's picture

Really?  Oh hell no. DH should not be tolerated to have it both ways.  If he is "exposed" enough to miss work, he is "exposed" enough to not risk the health of his kid with visitation. That he would risk the health of his child is alarming and that the does not see that not going to work but exposing his kid is pathetic.

You call BM and tell her to keep the Skid with her since DH has been exposed.  After all, it is the responsible thing to do as a health care professional.

smh

Thanks for your service during this crisis.