You are here

THE ALBATROSS is either trying to tick me off, or is just being petty!

SecondBest09's picture

So after I confronted The Albatross last week and asked her to keep her communications with SO strictly to matters relating to the kids, she texts SO last night and asks him to call her b/c she has a question. SO called and the question was "how will SS11 get in the house in the morning?" She drops him off at our house at 7 am to catch the bus since she doesn't live in the school district. Today is exchange day, so he would be bringing his stuff into the house. She has a remote to the garage door (don't EVEN get me started on that!) and she usually opens that and drops him off. BUT, her car is in the shop and she forgot the remote. SO said "tell him to come to the front door." Ok, seriously, she couldn't figure that one out on her own? She KNOWS we are home at that time, she KNOWS we expect him, and are you SERIOUSLY telling me that she couldn't figure out all by her feable little self to tell the child to go around to the front door?????? I swear she calls just to hear his voice. UGH!

soverysad's picture

LOL - Wingnut does this shit all the time. DH tells her to keep her communication to emergencies only and she calls to confirm the schedule every other day. It never changes. Not sure what she has to confirm. We don't answer her calls and dh only returns vmail if necessary. So if she calls to confirm and there have been no changes, he doesn't return her call.

"A pessimist complains about the wind, an optimist counts on the wind changing, a realist adjusts his sails"

SecondBest09's picture

I think that's what I need to suggest to SO. Ignore her texts and don't bother calling her back every time she requests a call back. If it's an emergency she would have called in the first place. Then when she does call, just let it go to voice mail and she can leave a message there. I'm pretty sure had SO not called her last night, she could have managed (or SS11 is certainly smart enough) to figure out how the child would gain entrance to our home! I just asked a co-worker how she would get in a house if she couldn't go through the garage and she looked at me very strangely and said "through the front door?" LOL

soverysad's picture

We've got it down to a science where dh only speaks to Wingnut on very rare occasion. She calls. We don't answer. If it is important he calls her house when he knows she is working. Once in awhile it is something they actually need to discuss and it sucks because she thinks "discuss" means she'll tell dh how it going to be and dh responds with "I don't know what to tell you, it is not my responsibility and you'll have to figure it out". So frustrating.

"A pessimist complains about the wind, an optimist counts on the wind changing, a realist adjusts his sails"

vanrocksout's picture

We only speak via email. May sound childish to some but the sound of her voice sets me off.

JustAnotherSM's picture

Same here - email ONLY. I'm cringing just thinking of her voice! Eww. But it works in BM's favor. She's not very quick-witted, so she needs lots of time to build up her liquid courage and come up with some smartass comment to bash DH before hitting the send button.

DISbelief's picture

HAHAHA, I feel your pain honey. BM calls DH to tell him who is picking SS up from school each day (on switch days) so he knows who to look for, then she will call back 3 or 4 times to tell SS the same thing over and over again. HE GETS IT LADY, he understood when DH told him, and I am sure he understood after you REconfirmed a thousand times GEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzz the kids not slow or anything, he has a brain! I have gotten used to it. She calls and gets him on the phone, and then talks to him like he is 6 months old for 20 minutes. About NOTHING...

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ Wink

StepChicka's picture

A courteous-in-nature txt informing you that SS would be knocking on your door instead of walking through the garage door would have suffice. Some people can't seem to solve things on their own. Grrrr....