You are here

This is freaking me out-SS16 seems to think he's a werewolf

SecondBest09's picture

He has been wearing a tail around for weeks. He's always run with a crowd that marched to their own drum beat, so outside of thinking it was weird I didn't think anything else about it. I asked DH his thoughts and he just kind of shrugged.

But tonight, SS got his computer taken away for posting something about me on facebook. I was looking through his facebook messages, and there were a couple of friends that he was talking to and they were talking about being wolves, lycans, about evil energy, etc. One of them told him that a particular girl was saying SS16 hit her and made some marks on her, but SS16 told him they were bite marks-sexual bite marks. Then he was talking to another friend and that friend said he understood why SS16 was doing it but he needed to stop biting and scratching this other girl because she wasn't liking it.

I'm simplifying this, but the conversations were much longer and there was no tone of joking or hints of "fantasy" play. The conversations were written as if these people truly believed they were werewolves.

Ummmmmmm, should I tell DH or will he think it's just yet ANOTHER thing I'm trying to say is wrong with his kids?

Kes's picture

I got drawn into this malarky a couple of years ago - SD15 kept posting inappropriate things on her FB and I found myself policing it and reporting bad stuff to DH. Sadly, neither he nor NPD BM seemed to care much that she was putting herself on there half naked or talking about masturbation in very graphic terms.

In the end, I decided to deactivate my FB account, as I found that was the only way to stop myself looking. I am not suggesting you do this, but do not get involved in policing his FB - this is your DH's job.
This wolf thing seems to be a bit fashionable at the moment - but it is just a teenage affectation, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hopefully it will wear off in a few months, but probably not until after Halloween.

doll faced sm's picture

Depends on if you think your DH would take it seriously and if you think your SS could actually hurt anyone. The first is for reasons of strife; if your DH is just gonna blow you off, anyway, you're just gonna be left feeling hurt, resentful, worried, and anxious. The second is for legal liability; I'd be worried you could somehow get roped into it if he hurt someone and you suspected it was a possibility and did nothing. Talk to a lawyer for your own protection if you can afford it.

I used to play fantasy games in highschool and on into my early 20s to include LARP (live action role play). At one point, the group had to get together to discuss a particular member who was starting to take things to far. She bit a complete stranger! She wasn't the type who would listen to reason, so we just booted her. It was the best move we could have made; she just got more and more delusional. And even though she *never* hung out with us anymore, people still associated her with us.

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

Sooooo...no one brought up any wonderment when the boy ran around the house with a tail on? It is weird and I would definitely bring it up, it likely is harmless but it is strange.

When I was in the military I was stationed with a guy who said he was a vampire and he would tell people that he was 950 years old and had a "vampire name". And this was in the early 90's. Way before the Twilight obesession.

SuperrStepMom's picture

Show him the messages and tell him. There is no way to deny it. Just dont say anything, just say, read this. Let him make the judgement(probably same as yours if they are saying these things factually). Maybe DH can talk to SS after he has cleared his mind and knows how to approach this. (Probably better if he talks to him since there are sexual situations)

StepKidto3Momto3's picture

I'm more concerned that he seems to be inflicting "sexual bite marks" on an unwilling girl. I would show DH the posts but stress the posts about him needing to stop biting the girl. DH needs to have a serious talk with him about safe sex and boundaries.

dontcallmestepmom's picture

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am a social worker and licensed counselor. I used to work with kids, and if one of them came to me with bite marks, it would be reported, as not only would I have been concerned, I am mandated to report something like this.

reallifedrama's picture

I agree. It's one thing to dress up and pretend...he's taking it to another level to actually bite. Absolutely in need of a boundaries and safe sex talk!

bi's picture

he's being an idiot and should outgrow this. bd17 decided she was a vampire a couple years ago. (huge eye roll). i saw a text she sent a friend that said "the sun is fucking burning my skin." she would stay in her room all day. would not go outside for anything. always overdressed for the weather. just being ridiculous. i finally called her out on it and told her how stupid she was acting and that she was NOT a f'g vampire. she finally stopped. i think she was embarrassed to have me put it into words that she was not a vampire, but she was being an idiot.