You are here

Advice needed re: having a vacation with step chikdren

Stormydog's picture

Hello, my partner and I are planning a trip to visit my family in Europe. I am European and this will be my first trip back to see my family in 4.5 years. We have a new baby. My partner has two young school age children (from his previous marriage) who stay with us a couple of times a week and 50% of school holidays. We are not taking his children with us on this holiday as a) we are not allowed to take them out of the country b) they would be at school when we plan to go c) we are planning to go for 3 weeks to make the most of the long travel journey and d) the trip is a long overdue visit to my family to show them our new baby. What notice are we required to give his high conflict ex and are we required to pay her any costs etc whilst we are unable to have his children etc We will notify the child support agency so that they can adjust our payments as necessary. Are we required to do anything else? There is nothing in the parenting papers that says that we should. Help please!! Smile

Stormydog's picture

Hey StepMadre....we'll be vacationing without them but will be enjoying the vino for it's taste not it's therapeutic qualities!! Smile