You are here

adults picking on kids bio/step...... Why?

smiles gone's picture

I have a problem, and need some advice. My bs5 (just turned) when his sd/my hd decides he wants to hurt me, but im not letting him sucker me into a fight, he goes after my son.... verbally...
I will stop the car and have in the past told my dh to get the hell out if he is going to pick on a 4 yr old...he stops, but its not good enough, I want it stopped!
Help, don't want to loose the marriage, lots of benefits for me and my son, but won't stand by while an ainsecure asshole tries to pick a fight with my 5 yr old!

pseudo_stepmom's picture

How does he specifically verbally abuse him? I have some opinions rolling through my brain at the moment, but I just wanted a little more background before I made my comments...

NeedHelpPlease's picture

I'm going through the same thing now and interested in comments/opinions also. My BF has 3 very obnoxious teenagers that he rarely punishes, but when my 2 boys (who are also the same age as yours) do ANYTHING wrong, there actually are consequences. And many times it involves BF being rude and a bully to my kids also. I didn't think it would go further than my BF being a brat about stuff, but just recently he pushed my youngest (after my youngest pushed into him first), and my son cut his face. That pretty much drew the line for me. I hope your situation doesn't escalate to that. I don't know why my BF feels the need to pick on my kids either. Especially since my BF has always come across as super calm and really patient.

mal_87's picture

:jawdrop: i think the best thing to do in a situation like this is sit down and talk to ur dh asap before this starts to mentally affect ur child, explain to ur dh that u are not going to put up with this and u want him to treat ur son like he would if he wuz his own. how does ur son react when his sd does this?

hbell0428's picture

This will never end; at least it didn't for me - it got worse!! SD14 - BD12. SD is so ignorant to BD at times she'll just cry; she's scared to talk or say anything to her because SD will embarrase her in front of everyone!
Example; SD was crying last night (prob over some boy.......again!) BD says to dad "SD was crying; it was kinda of cute but sad" - THAT'S IT; ALL SHE SAID

and SD gets up stomps over to her and glares at her and screams.....I hate you I am done with you and slams her bedroom door. PATHETIC!! Sometimes SD are mean to everyone around them becuase of all the hype.......Poor SK; meanwhile they get treated like kings and queens but a free ticket to get out of everything