You are here

6 yo SD already has jealousy

Ohpeachy's picture

SD6, SO and myself were sitting out front last night with our neighbours. The neighbours 3 yo daughter asked to sit on my lap, I said sure. My SD ran over and pulled her off. Yelled at her and said "you don't need to sit on her lap, she's not YOUR step mom". She continued to say things like this until the little girl got off of me. Ten minutes later, the little girl was leaning against my SO (SDs dad) to see what he was doing on his phone. Again SD threw a fit because they little girl was too close to her dad.
This behaviour seems alarming to me for a 6 yo... Where could she learn such jealousy at that age? Should I be concerned about this?

oregonducks's picture

I have a 4 year old sd who is jelous when she has to share attention of her baby sister with dad, or me or her brother. She goes up to dad and reverts attention from anyone of us like she is queen.. she thinks she can do what she wants. I am over it so I feel ya, then I get mad and talk to dad about it but is always in favor that it's his son too, no its her. He doesn't do it it's his daughter.