You are here

Is 12 y/o being crazy on purpose??

MamaBass's picture

So we only have skids EOWE at this point. SS12 is such a spaz and seems to never control himself. (Of course DH says nothing until it gets undeniably loud and annoying to everyone...) And BM lets him do whatever he wants- as SS has informed us.

So question is, when he comes over, is he being annoying on purpose because he knows it pushes my buttons? Forcing me to exile myself to my room to work since DH won't stop him and I have disengaged. Of course I used to think he was just being himself- annoying. Now I think he is truly trying to make it uncomfortable for me in my home. I used to think "How could a 12 year old (stb 13) be manipulative?? HA! Then I remembered what uterus he came from...

Rags's picture

SLAPP... I love it. The GUBM/SLAPP paradign seems to be prominant mix in no longer intact initial families and sadly the GUBM and SLAPP seem to end up victimizing subsequent marriages and ruining their kid's lives.

No Name's picture

I went through that with SS. He was just out of control and DH did nothing. Did he think it was cute? Was he to afraid to correct the kid? SS was babied by everyone including his two older sisters. He never ever listened to anyone. Rules didn't apply. He did poorly in school. He was too busy being the class clown. As he got older DH would finally say he's a little punk. He broke things in this house that were mine and handed down from my grandparents that couldn't be replaced. He thought it was funny, no big deal. 17 years later I am still upset about that! Even our friends would comment about how "bad" he was. DH didn't believe what our friends would say to me about his son. I too spent lots of time either out of the house or in the bedroom. He we are years later and SS's behavior has calmed down but he is very immature. He comes here for dinner once a week and DH has told him no cell phones at the table but he just snickers and sits and looks at his phone the entire time. When he asked to move in with us I was having a quiet melt down because I knew no good would come of it and it would most likely be the beginning of the end of our marriage. DH and BM created a monster and I would be expected to live with it? Thank goodness that drama has gone by the way side at least until next time.

Thumper's picture

He might be doing it on purpose.

I am well aware of kids who are told to disrupt, break, steal, hurt, and cause extreme chaos inside ncp home.

This behavior 'may' cause the ncp to decrease overnights which UP"S child support amounts when tilted enough.

Sounds like this behavior is new. IF it is not please take him to a Doctor for eval.

**I have raised my bio's thru this age and NO they are not so annoying that I want to hide in my room. Actually they are/were funny. Dont be hard on yourself by pointing this out ok?*

notasm3's picture

Go buy the LOUDEST most shrill whistle you can find. Blow it as loud as possible when he gets out of hand. Don't say a word or even look at him. Just repeat as often as needed.

Or else get a super duper squirt gun - blast him with it as needed.

Rags's picture

A spray bottle works too. There is nothing like a squirt of cold water the the face to break a kid behavioral episode in a hurry. I like the whistle though. Just make sure you have ear plugs for you and the well behaved people in the home.

Acratopotes's picture

I think it's more off a DH problem then a SS problem... start working on DH to teach his kid manners ...

Oh and stop hidding in your room lady, be in SS face with that whistle...

Rags's picture

"Forcing me to exile myself to my room to work since DH won't stop him and I have disengaged." and right there is where you make your mistake.

Rather than you going to your room you need to stand up, take the little shit by the ear, drag him to HIS room, scoot him in with a swat to the rump, and tell him "Stay there and do not make a sound until you can behave like a human being rather than an animal." firmly close his door and walk away.

Then march back to your DH, get in his face, poke in in the chest to accent each word and tell him if he "does not start parenting his spawn that you will step it up and neither DH nor the animal child will like it".

Lather, rinse, repeat. No ignoring it, no quarter, full and total confrontation of the bullshit. Each and every time. DH only ignores this crap because you let him. Don't let him.

IMHO of course.

Rags's picture

It is a good thing we aren't married and neither my bride nor I will tolerate this kind of behavior from a kid. This kind of thing is only neccessary when one marital partner is an abject parental failure.

Not something I would do as a man but if I were a woman... yep, I would do it if my DH were this useless as a parent and partner. Since the OP is a woman, I advised it.

Rags's picture

Ditto. My wishes for great parental and marital success to you.

What works for you wouldn't work for me and vise versa. Different strokes I guess.

Good luck.