Crazy SD trying to have me evicted???
Yes, my account is brand new. I had one years ago but didn't think my situation was STalk worthy since.
My late husband was a single father to a daughter. They lived in a house together after his ex died. She was 14 when my husband and I got married. Quite honestly the daughter had personality problems. I tried to help, but everything was an issue and would end in a fight, so I just focused on my own children. She got accepted to college and I insisted she dorm even though she was technically still 17. I wanted her to launch. The first year was great. She was here during holidays, but quite honestly I was done.
My husband passed away in an accident a month ago. While I tried to get him to make a will, he'd stalled, said he was too young, and here we are. We fought, but she left after getting some of her things while I was running errands. When I returned, there was a deadbolt locking both her bedroom and the entrance to the basement. She refused to take my calls. On Tuesday, I came home to an EVICTION notice on my door. What. The. F.
She's apparently moving to evict me from my own house, which she claims is hers, and is slamming me on social media for "abusing" her in her teenage years.
I immediately called my lawyer, and we looked into it. Apparently, my husband had lied to me. He was never on the deed after BM and DH married. The house was only BMs (gotten it prior to marriage), and SHE was used to the idea of early death, so there was a proper will and trust. The name on the deed was SDs. I DIDN'T KNOW THIS.
Her posts on social media are so inaccurate.
1. DH and I hadn't "never spoken about this". We had, and he lied through his teeth. I guess he was ashamed.
2. I didn't "ban her from her own house" over the holidays. I asked her if she might stay with other family, because I was planning to host a Thanksgiving and I needed her bedroom for my parents.
3. The incidents she claims are isolated. Yes, I did deface a mirror with a tube of horrible purple lipstick, but it wasn't because I hated her. It was during a fight where she wanted to wear it to church. I was pregnant, she was 15, it wasn't a good time. It was just a fight that went too far.
4. She's not Wiccan "by birth". One member of her biological family is, and she latched on to the edgiest part possible.
5. I didn't cut her off from her family. She still very much regularly spoke to and met up with them. God forbid you try to tell someone they shouldn't associate with wackos and losers.
6. I've been a SAHM since baby #2 was born.
She's getting a ton of support on social media. She's made a very fake offer to "keep" the children (MY CHILDREN) because she "only really needs her abuser (me) gone". This is good enough for the hoard to say that she's a good person.
I don't even know how to fight this. Obviously, SD isn't welcome here ever again. I have a month to come up with a way to fight this. This is right in the middle of the holidays! Winter is coming if not here! I don't have the money to move, and I'm 6 months pregnant! Who would hire me? I have a lawyer and we're trying to find something to challenge SDs ownership of the house or some way to delay this. This is a nightmare.
Every stepkid's fantasy, am I right?
Edit: She apparently has big plans to make this house into a group home for her and her weird friends.
I have spoken to my lawyer about the deadbolts. As long as she opens them with a police escort, it's legal. SD claims (through her lawyer) that it's to prevent me from stealing or destroying things that aren't mine.