OT - Tone-up Tuesday
Happy Tuesday, STalkers! I'm soooooo glad it's not Monday because yesterday was extremely POOPIE!!!
What do you do when you're craving sweets? You don't want to eat an entire sleeve of Oreos or a quarter of that cake you baked.
Here are some things to eat:
- Fruit - contains sugar, along with lots of healthy nutrients and plant compounds.
- Berries - taste sweet, but are high in fiber and low in sugar.
- Dark chocolate - contains less sugar than milk chocolate and has higher levels of healthy polyphenols.
- Sugar-free chewing gum or mints - can provide you with a sweet taste that may help curb your cravings.
- Carrots - contains ample fiber and has low amounts of sugar.
- Fruity green tea - sweet and tasty and healthy!
- Smoothie - make one with skim milk and frozen berries.
I bought vitamins and biotin in gummy-form. They actually satisfy my sweet-tooth and keep me from eating cookies and ice cream. In fact, last night, I actually felt like I'd eaten too many sweets after eating my vitamins!
What do YOU eat when you're craving sugar?