You are here

Getting A Perspective

OnlyHuman's picture

I joined this wonderful, enlightening group just days ago and initiated an immediate post venting about my SS18.  To finally find real people, many whom I can relate to and who identify with my circumstances and feelings, is a God send!   

In reading old posts, (which I should've done first), I'm amazed at the familiar themes and behavior those of us in this situation commonly endure.   

Just wanted to give a shout out and say thanks to this forum, the folks who have posted, and those who respond sharing eye-opening wisdom!  

Sorry of any of us have need to be here, but grateful to have found you!  THANK YOU!

Kes's picture

As one of those who replied to your initial post, I felt you're coping with a lot which needs to be addressed.  I do hope that you find a way to do this, soon, and that this leads to a more peaceful life for you.  

OnlyHuman's picture

A peaceful life sounds nice.  I'm hoping that can happen too!    I'm working on it....You and the others are very encouraging and I so appreciate it.   Thank you. 

Tin Can Zen's picture

Hi, onlyhuman! I'm a new member, as well. My youngest bio son is about the age of your step son. Mine is (fingers, legs, eyes crossed for luck) mostly ish ok. Gadzooks! But the dread hanging over the house, hoping none of this fragile serenity blows apart when I sneeze! Even on the uneventful days, it's a hard road. Your situation has far, far more upheaval and things you just can't control. I can empathize with you easily. It is a good thing to find a forum and a welcoming place to process some of the overload we carry. Nice to meet you!

OnlyHuman's picture

Hi, Tin Can.  Nice to meet you as well.  So sorry you can relate, however.  Here's hoping things stay manageable.  

Rags's picture

On some level every SParent in a blended family marriage can relate. Some more than others.

Welcome, I hope that you find this to be a good place to vent, contribut and to pick up some useful perspective from others who are navigating the blended family adventure.

Take care of  you.

OnlyHuman's picture

Rags, you are so right!  Step-Parenting, like aging, isn't for the weak!  There's nothing easy about it. 

Thanks for being one of those here that I look forward to reading your input.